Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

141 to 160 of 4,375 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/12/2009 at 09:12
yeah how are you after the race Hash? It really was norty running a race with a cold - consider yoursefl told off!
ImRio    pirate
29/12/2009 at 10:13
Come on Hash where are you??  Hope you are ok.
ImRio    pirate
29/12/2009 at 12:27

Hey ho the snow is back

29/12/2009 at 13:11

Afternoon all

Aw..... thanks everyone, you lot are lovely.   I'm at work, so can only get on here between 1 and 2.

Well done on your time Rio, and at least you got it in before the snow came down again.  They're threatening it here as well, and I'm so hoping it doesn't happen, I'm terrified of driving in it..

The cold is going great guns, which is a bit of a shame as there's only me trying to answer all the incoming calls.  Not that there's very many of them, but I'm trying not to cough and deafen the person on the other end.   Still, on the plus side it makes them get off the phone quickly!

Just had a panicky phone call from Blouse's mum, who works for the NHS and has spoken to one of the physios there.  He reckons  that ihis foot shouldn't still be huge, his toes shouldn't be black, and he should be able to put weight on the ankle after a week, so it sounds like they've missed something.  It looks like I might have to drop him back at A&E to get it x-rayed again.  If it was a three hour wait on the Monday before Christmas, gawd knows how bad it will be today.  Probably best he has some lunch first.

We're such a healthy pair

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/12/2009 at 13:16

oh gosh Hash you really are having a time of it.

Sounds like you do have to vist A&E again mind.

I worked last Christmas and hated it as it was so boring, but I did get some runs in

ImRio    pirate
29/12/2009 at 13:18
Oh Hash!  Not a good end to the year!
29/12/2009 at 13:21

I know this makes me a bad person, but being on my own doing all the phones has its compensations - I'd have to drop him off and get back to work

There's not many things that make writing a risk assessment and listening to the public moan seem like a better option, but sitting in A&E is definitely one of them!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/12/2009 at 13:27
LOL I bet!
29/12/2009 at 14:16
Blimey Hash. Didn't realise Blouse's toes had turned black. I wonder if they are fractured. When one of my friends broke his wrist, the fracture didn't show up on the first scan but it did a week later.  Hope things get sorted properly and that you feel better soon too.

Edited: 29/12/2009 at 14:25
29/12/2009 at 16:32
Hope all is ok with Blouse, Hash. Will be watching your progress with interest as I plan to follow the sub 4:30 plan this year for a marathon the week after London. Best I have managed is 4:47, so it's quite a big ask, but if I don't try..................
29/12/2009 at 19:29

Hi and welcome along Diana. 

Good news - Blouse doesn't have a fracture, but he does have the most severe category of sprain.  The hospital doctor told him off royally for attempting to go to work with it and he's been signed off for a fortnight.  FANTASTIC!  With my worried wife head on, it means he will now finally rest it and put it up, with my selfish head on it means that when I have my week's leave from work next week, I won't have to drive there and back twice a day to be his taxi.

Other good news.  I don't know if it came across in what I wrote yesterday, but I must admit I read all the concerned messages at lunchtime and wondered if it had.  The reason I ran a crap time at Buntingford yesterday was that I got a sharp pain in my right knee at mile 8, just after slipping slightly on an icy patch.  This morning my knee hurt under the kneecap, I was pretty sure it was only runner's knee, but didn't know for certain.  I didn't want to put it on the forum in case I seemed like some pathetic hypochondriac, what with the ankle, the cold, Blouse's ankle, blah blah blah.

Anyway, thanks to the fabulous fizz Gary Smith in Letchworth (shameless plug, he deserves it) I know it is only runner's knee, no major harm done, I'm just on the injury bench until training starts on 4th January.  Oh, and ironically I have some exercises to do that involve a wine bottle - where will I get one of those?  He was fabulous, squeezed me in for an instant appointment, grinned his head off when I told him about the super six thing, and didn't slap me when the first question I asked when he'd confirmed what it was was "so when can I run next?" 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/12/2009 at 19:34

Hash! What are you like! Glad BB is Ok-ish

So les see

Me - cough cold thing lasting since the shortlisting
Spinks - cold bug lurgy lasting since the shortlisting
Andy - has a head cold
Hash - cold and iffy knee
Jbfar - is kicking herself and causing bruised calves
anyone know what Richard has done!!???

Lets just hope we are all getting the crappy stuff done now before the training starts!

29/12/2009 at 19:37
Gawd I hope so Pix
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/12/2009 at 19:40

postive thinking Hash (before Rich shouts at us!)

we'll all be fine after 4th Jan! That's when the healthy runners fairy will be about! Either that or the Lucozade team will be sending us lots of vitamins and stuff too!!

29/12/2009 at 20:28

The Gods of Running will be merciful upon us, of that I am positive.

I know what you mean about putting stuff out publicly, Hash.

Ooooh, just seen advert for Galaxy chocolate probiotic drink (64 cals) - surely this can be used in conjunction with lucozade products? pleeeeeease?

29/12/2009 at 21:53

Absolutely, especailly after I've got it on the physio's advice that a bottle of red wine is what's needed to sort my knee out.

And lift, and hold and quaff and lower and rest and lift....

I'm sure that's what he said

Pix, altogether now

Edited: 29/12/2009 at 21:56
29/12/2009 at 22:18
So you've both been told to rest. Who's going to break first?
30/12/2009 at 00:36

Lol LN. 

Sadly "rest" in my case doesn't preclude sitting at a desk getting grief for 8 hours, so I suspect Blouse might be favourite in the climbing the walls stakes.

I'll advertise for bored scrabble players to keep him busy.   Metal heads especially welcome Sprinks, as he's one too

30/12/2009 at 06:43

Well, I cannot confess to being a metal head - I was more of a goth/indie 'back in the day' but I just like any sort of music these days. Mr Spinkle just likes to poke fun at me,  because before he met me he didn't really bother with music but now he's forced to. However, I find his leanings towards Chris de Bleurgh and Phil Collins highly alarming

My 5 year old, on the other hand, is highly discerning. Prefers Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian and Franz Ferdinand to kiddie music. He's always been most definite in his tastes *shrugs*

I'm rubbish at scrabble, I'd be useless. I can only do the numbers stuff on Countdown.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
30/12/2009 at 08:29

*splutters*

Morning!
It's wet and cold here today

How's the wine I mean how is the niggle Hash??

141 to 160 of 4,375 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.