Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

1 to 20 of 4,380 messages
18/12/2009 at 11:10

Introducing the fourth member of our Lucozade Sport Super Six… Vicky (aka Hashette).

Memories of being picked last for school sports teams and a dreaded bleep test would be enough to put most people off running, but thankfully not Vicky. She confesses she’s finally found a sport she loves and now wants to shave nine minutes off her marathon PB to go sub-4:30.

Vicky will be using our sub-4:30 Garmin-ready schedule (devised by former London Marathon winner Mike Gratton) as a basis for her training and will be mentored by Liz Yelling directly on this thread (starting January 4).

She’ll be posting his training progress and be receiving fuel and hydration advice directly from the Lucozade Sport sports scientists live on this thread so make sure you check back regularly to find out how she gets on.

You can read more about Vicky’s running background and goals by clicking on the article link at the top of the thread.

Good luck Vicky!
18/12/2009 at 11:27

Good luck Vicky!

We all had a ball in 2009, you will do great!

Watch out for that Liz Yelling, she can be scary stuff you know!

Must work......

ImRio    pirate
18/12/2009 at 11:30
Will be following you closely Hash
18/12/2009 at 11:33
Good luck with the training and PB Hash - I am looking forward to training alongside you for VLM in a virtual way
18/12/2009 at 11:58

Good luck Hash- will be training along with you

18/12/2009 at 12:02
Good luck Hashette
seren nos    pirate
18/12/2009 at 12:05
Good luck.......will be trying to follow the programme as well but as my marathon is a week before I won't be in sync with everyone else...........so will probably just lurk
18/12/2009 at 13:10

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

See you at Watford?

18/12/2009 at 13:16

Wahoo, the threads are up!

Thanks a million for all the good wishes and yep FF, definitely see you at Watford.

Sod's law or what?  We've got no electricity at home, the power went off at midnight last night and there's no sign of it coming back on any time soon, according to a doom-laden message on EDF's website.   I can lurk around here for an hour at lunchtime, but that's my lot or I get fired.

Mind you, I can do a lot of damage in that time

>>>>>heads off to Pixie's thread<<<<<<

Mwahhahahaha

18/12/2009 at 13:39

Good luck Hash, just watched the meet and greet video.  Some interesting high knee work .

Not running VLM .  But shall be using the scatter gun postings approach following you all.

Again, best of luck and hope you achieve all your goals and help drag that Rio lass around .

18/12/2009 at 13:43

Thanks Windy.  I've seen it but not heard it as we haven't got sound cards at work, so for all I know I sound like Linda Snell as well as looking like Corporal Jones not quite getting it right.

I'm looking forward to running over that finish line with Rio, I couldn't believe it when I saw that we were both in the same category on the shortlist

ImRio    pirate
18/12/2009 at 13:50
ImRio    pirate
18/12/2009 at 13:51
The Hash and Rio thread!  lol
The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/12/2009 at 15:30

no heat? Eck

and I thought the office was cold at 16

here's to the fun!

18/12/2009 at 15:37
O Christmas TRio wrote (see)
The Hash and Rio thread!  lol

Fantastic idea, yes please.

They've just announced that they're closing the office and we can all go home.  Normally I'd be sprinting out the door at a speed to give Matchstick Man a run for his money, but the urge to go and freeze my bits off isn't strong for some reason.  I've just phoned the pub, and they've got no power either.  Still, as the landlady said, they've got an open fire, candles and beer, so what more do we need? 

Food?  Cheese and onion or ready salted?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/12/2009 at 15:41

oh hash that sounds like bliss!

or you could go for a run?!

ImRio    pirate
18/12/2009 at 15:43

EP I was thinking the same thing except with no hot water to wash in after it might be a bit sweaty!!

Ready salted for me Hash please

18/12/2009 at 15:47

That sounds lovel Hashette- wish I could leave work when it snows but I just get shouted at- because I can control the weather don't you know!!!  Have a nice mulled wine a a beer for me!!!

Looking forward to following your training as I'm hoping for 4.30 or thereabouts too!!!

18/12/2009 at 15:54

Rio we don't need sports nutritionists  Pint of Old Speckled Hen to wash it down?

Fab VikW   is this your first marathon?

18/12/2009 at 16:02

Right I'm off to the frozen wasteland.   I'm going outside, I may be sometime.......

1 to 20 of 4,380 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.