Tapering

Please share your experiences of a bad taper but still having a good marathon

21 to 23 of 23 messages
26/08/2010 at 10:57
Thanks H you are star. You are definately an elite in my eyes 30 miles well done!!
I personally don't think I can keep up 3 miles at 10 pace so will say 11 to 11.30 and hope that adrenaline pushes me a little more! I will try this on Saturday definately! I am a little upset at the mo because I did 10 mile on Sunday and felt okish on the run (couldn't do more tho) but have felt terribly tired the last few days and have got a sharpish pain in my left glutes area- just hoping it doesn't persist otherwise I don't see me going anywhere!
As you have been so helpful another q if I may do you recommend a watchany make in particular and any other kit advise? Thinking of getting myself a bum bag to carry jelly beans and a few energy gels.
26/08/2010 at 11:03
C I believe we are talking about 25 min run and 5 min walk not the other way around lol I am not that bad just yet!
26/08/2010 at 11:14

S - dunno about watch, I use a garmin

For a bumbag I use a Nathan 10km , is very comfy

http://www.sportsaver.co.uk/acatalog/Waistpacks.html

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.