Target 26.2 - First Timer Steve's Journey to Paris

Long runs, speed sessions... and a pair of rather tight leggings.

381 to 400 of 848 messages
21/01/2013 at 22:18
oooo I like the sound of those sweeties, where are they from?

great pics n nice running Steve!
22/01/2013 at 06:33

Great posts and the running isn't bad either

Keep up the good work chap.

22/01/2013 at 17:08

hi Steve,

How's it going? Nice easy start to the week! If you wanted to substitute your missed speedwork for one of this week's sessions, make it Wednesday's build-up run. Beyond that and it'll be too close to the training day. Here's hoping that the conditions improve for that though, eh?

And re. Dorney Lake half - yep, this is the time to race it - will give us a good idea of marathon potential and training progress 

22/01/2013 at 20:17

Yes, yes - where can we get the sweets Steve? Who's your dealer? Also, do they come in bacon flavour? 

Sam - ha, I think he was always going to race it but you can claim it was your idea if you like 

Best of luck with the race Steve. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to join you all - just not ready for a half yet as I've done zero speed work. I'm doing the Spitfire with Ady in March though - if you fancied it and it fitted in it would be great to see you. If you need any further persuasion they have a snack tent where they serve a certain pork based product in a bap that I think you're quite familiar with

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 20:18
23/01/2013 at 09:53
SamMurphyRuns wrote (see)
I'm so p'eed off with this weather. It's snow joke 

Oh dear.  Looks like Sam has been possessed by Oscarr 

Good luck with the upcoming half marathon.  Should be good to see how it stacks up to your recent 5k triumph.

Edited: 23/01/2013 at 09:54
23/01/2013 at 10:37

Morning Bacon Steve!

Loving the snowy pics - it sounded like a really great run! I'm having so much fun running in the snow at the moment but paces are going out the window and I'm just enjoying it... and doing intervals on the treadmill! ... Yep cheating!

23/01/2013 at 15:52

Hi Steve - just popped in to see how things are going.  Great 5K PB and your pacing in training is impressive.  If you keep this progress going into the mileage buildup then you will be more than capable of meeting your target.  Enjoy the training day.

Hi Sam and Ruth.

23/01/2013 at 19:54

Made an absolutely lush 'stew' this eve with some scraggy bits of lamb, leeks, carrot and pearl barley.  Never used pearl barley before, but it was so easy. Is it a good source of carbs Ruth?

23/01/2013 at 22:01

Hey guys,

No run today I'm afraid. Not feeling at all well and have spent the entire evening under the duvet. Off to sleep now.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

23/01/2013 at 22:30
Hope you feel better tomorrow
23/01/2013 at 22:34
Don't rush to try and get back out running Steve. Listen to your body and only get back into it when you're 100%.
24/01/2013 at 08:36

Sorry to hear you're not well Steve, wishing you a speedy recovery.

24/01/2013 at 09:42

Don't be such a wus.  Get out and run.

24/01/2013 at 14:52
jenf wrote (see)

Made an absolutely lush 'stew' this eve with some scraggy bits of lamb, leeks, carrot and pearl barley.  Never used pearl barley before, but it was so easy. Is it a good source of carbs Ruth?

Hi Jenf

Thanks for post. A cup cooked would have around 45g of carbs so that is good source of carbs  but often people only use it added to stews etc so if only have a small amount then obviously less carbs. It would only have around 1g of fat for a cup and less than 200kcal. Great source of soluble fibre which is good for lowering cholesterol. The protein content will be similar to pasta and other grains so around 4-5g per cup.

Ruth

24/01/2013 at 14:57

Steve

Get well soon.

I love it when people have cast iron stomachs for running, always helps.

I will talk through a race day plan with you on Saturday then I can post  up your start plan on Monday. Did the sweets actually taste hot?? Surely not....

We can also go through recovery post runs and snacking/eating prior to runs and i can post outcome of our wee chat!

See you Saturday. Rest up.

Oscarr - what are your targets this year?

24/01/2013 at 15:38

Hi Ruth - some different targets this year along with an old friend - the old friend is the Abingdon Marathon in October with another attempt at sub 4hr - before that i'm spending the first half of the year adventure running with races ranging from long xc (Coombe Gibbet 16m), to hills (Grindleford Gallop 21m), to weeks "running holiday" in Cape Wrath all leading up to the 2 day The Wall 69 mile event in June from Carlisle to Newcastle - am doing The Wall with Sleepy Bear from last year's bootcamp.  Are you still running?

24/01/2013 at 16:08

Hi Oscarr. glad to see you're keeping busy then!

Get well soon Steve. Hope you'll be OK for Saturday...

Hi Ruth - look forward to catching up!

24/01/2013 at 16:12

Get well soon buddy.... hope Malcs hasn't posted his germs on your thread

24/01/2013 at 16:28

Hi Sam - yes, it keeps me going

24/01/2013 at 19:52
Steve loves bacon wrote (see)

Not feeling at all well and have spent the entire evening under the duvet. Off to sleep now.

oh man I hope you don't get what I had! Fingers crossed it was too many chilli jellies. Wishing you well for a swift recovery.

Green & White Tigger wrote (see)

Get well soon buddy.... hope Malcs hasn't posted his germs on your thread

Ooh - is that possible? I did a virus check before posting just in case.

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 19:52
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.