target262

Vote for Andy P

21 to 40 of 41 messages
07/12/2012 at 12:22

Any advice is very much appreciated.

07/12/2012 at 16:25

Well today has been a pretty long day! Still go t another 4 1/2 hours to go! Looking forward to my santa run this weekend. My little boy will love it!

07/12/2012 at 16:26

did you manage your lunch time run?

I think I made a few people sick which my toenails, i didnt really mind them though as they didnt hurt or stop me running.

I think the most important thing whether you get through to paris or not is to speak to people who have done a few and know what they are talking about (like on this forum). They will be able to give you tips on distances to run, how often to run, fuel, rest days etc. My other tip is to get out with a running club/others....makes long runs far more enjoyable

07/12/2012 at 16:53

HI Sarah

Yes I managed my lunch time run. I have a 10k route that I always do which if im honest does get a little bit boring. I keep alternating which way i run it to try and mix it up a bit. I have wanted to join a running club but the trouble is I work from 8am - 10pm Tues Wed & Fri I have my son stay over on Thurs nights during the week which leaves Mon night when I have him till 7.

As you can see this does not leave me much time... I am very much motivated by my own progress though and am really proud at how far I have come in a year. I am lacking experience and knowledge ao am really happy that I have discovered these forums.  I've never trainied with anybody so it would be nice to do long runs with somebody but I am very much used to being by myself in my own little world.

07/12/2012 at 17:30

There could be someone on here from your neck of the woods?

I do alot of my runs on my own too, for the same reasons as you really, by the time I can run, all the club runs set of an hour previously. I get to run with one of my clubs probably every 2 weeks so not that often, but I do keep intouch with them on facebook and via text so I still get tips and motivation, that was before I knew this forum existed...now I get those things on here too.

Hope you have a fun weekend

07/12/2012 at 22:00

Yeah hopefully i will meet people on here that are local and can meet with them to go for a run! I would really like that!!

Im going to the football tomorrow for an all expenses paid 3 course meal and unlimited free alcohol?!?! Then I've got a santa run on Sun which could be affected by Saturdays antics. Cant see me getting a personal best but i shall give it my all as my son will be there so like to make him proud.

What are your plans?  

07/12/2012 at 23:21
Well another day closer and another night dreaming of becoming part of the final 5. I hope that I can get the votes I need to see me through so that I can prove I have what it takes to hit my target. Good night for now ready for fresh legs in the morning
08/12/2012 at 05:19
Has anybody else had trouble sleeping? I think the excitement of the competition has woke me up! I'm like a child on X mas morning! Hope you all have a good weekend!
08/12/2012 at 10:15

The weather is looking good! I need to get myself ready for a quick run and then the football game!! Santa run tomorrow - kind of excited about it?!

09/12/2012 at 13:49
Santa run went ok although I mixed the start after forgetting my running number.....
10/12/2012 at 21:26
Another day closer.... I have got such a weird feeling inside that I can't explain I'm so excited but at the same time really Anxious... So hoping that I am given the opportunity to prove myself!!!
10/12/2012 at 22:39
Night night runners of the world
10/12/2012 at 23:20
Ok so I thought I would take one last peak... Little bit addicted i think!
11/12/2012 at 08:39

Good morning runners of the world! Planning a fast 10k on my lunch today! My shin was sore yesterday but feels ok now

11/12/2012 at 11:46

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/743900/gallery/santa_andy1_0.jpg?width=350

This weekends santa run!!

11/12/2012 at 12:01

Cant believe i forgot my trainers for my lunch time run!!

12/12/2012 at 08:34

The time has nearly come! Not long before the votes close! Really hoping that I am given the opportunity to be trained by the pros.

12/12/2012 at 10:16

Great pic andrew!

A.W
12/12/2012 at 13:52

Hi Andrew, just droping in to our groups threads to wish you all good luck! If you get through or not, I hope you achive your goals for your next marathon.

A.W
12/12/2012 at 19:40

Nice santa outfit!  All the best with whatever your next challenge turns out to be

21 to 40 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.