TEAM 5

261 to 268 of 268 messages
18/04/2005 at 17:50
It was great to see you at mile 17, BB, and thanks VERY much for the Ribena, it was just what I needed! I got my photos developed this morning and I've got a nice one of you! Great idea from a friend taking a small disposable camera if you're a slow runner and not too worried about stopping now and then. My time was 6.10 which was slower than I imagined I might do, but I did walk quite a bit in the last 5 miles. I enjoyed it though ,and that's the main thing!

THANK YOU AGAIN, TEAM 5 SUPPORTERS, YOU WERE BRILL!
18/04/2005 at 19:09
Well done 5ers
18/04/2005 at 20:30
<<beam>>

thanks Ange
18/04/2005 at 21:35
Well done #3 that's a brilliant time and well done Big Ange.

Thank once again to team 5 and to whoever gave me some water - I was desperate - you might have noticed!

I made it over the line 5:32:45 - a bit disappointed as I really thought I could do 4:35 but no chance on the day, too hot and lucazade made me feel sick.

Still hopefully I'll be able to slash my PB next year.
19/04/2005 at 09:14
Good going SB
same time same place in 06 then!!!
19/04/2005 at 09:33
Hello again troops!

I'm feeling much better today!

Spent yesterday plodding around the office in my trainers, but today the pins are doing much better and I'm even back in my heels!! Wahoooo!

Sproog....I know what you mean about feeling like you've been hit by a car! tee hee! Still on for meeting there next year?!?!!! Hahaha!

How are the rest of you getting on?!

Are we still planning on going through all of this again?!
19/04/2005 at 18:12
Legs feel better today not sure i'll be doing London next year,but am doing Dublin later this year.
20/04/2005 at 17:41
Hello,

I too was stuck on the wrong side of the road at mile 17 and couldn't get across to you! Was gutted as it would have been fab to say hello. However, just lookinhg out for the Team 5 supporters helped me get from mile 13 to 17 at least!

I got round in 4 hours 45 and 1 second... Slower than I hoped but I had a litteral pain in my bum from mile 20 onwards (I managed to run until then!!). Given my training woes I couldn't have hoped for much better especially given the heat.

Have good sunburn on my shoulders and nose :( Who would have guessed though given last weeks weather reports of 8 - 12 degrees and heavy rain!

Thanks again to you all :)

H xx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
261 to 268 of 268 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.