the Marathon of the North

advice needed

461 to 465 of 465 messages
16/05/2013 at 17:33

As Edinburgh gets closer I'm cooling off a bit about this fiasco. Surprised to hear a bit on marathon talk podcast today...

16/05/2013 at 19:43

same here Adrian, partic after e mail from organisers that did not impress me. Still feel we ran a marathon   will concentrate now on training for Leeds 10k with my daughter then York. All the very best for Sunday, do pop back and let us know how it goes....nearly there!

28/05/2013 at 08:11

I'm back!! Had an amazing weekend in Scotland, and despite some pre race reservations/nerves ran a 3.56. Pleased with this - quite warm and I could feel the accumulative toll on my body. I've got a little rest before Kielder marathon in October before I plan out next years marathons.

Hope you all are running well and thinking about next years MOTN

28/05/2013 at 22:39

Hey Adrian, good to hear from you, congratulations! 3 marathons in 5 (?) weeks, amazing achievement I think Edinburgh is often on a hot day, you did so well. Be proud and enjoy the rest before it all starts again. A month ago was Sunderland.....I am maintaining my running and training with my daughter for Leeds 10k in July before starting training properly for York in October. I have entered the ballot for VLM, if/when I don't get in not sure what my mara plans will be for the spring. Thank you Adrian for all your advice and encouragement on this thread and for sharing your inspiring story hope to see you on another thread in the future.

L of the V

29/05/2013 at 07:55

well done indeed Adrian!  I've heard it was really quite warm up in Edinburgh and quite a lot of people suffered, so it shows how fit you are.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
461 to 465 of 465 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.