time to train??

3 messages
10/10/2002 at 10:31
was running well up until july when i had a bad fall on my horse and had a month off due to a bad back, starting running again in august and pulled a muscle in my neck on hols!! now due to a bad bout of flu followed by a sinus infection( i know i sound like an old crock, but i'm hardly ever ill, but when i am, i really am if you know what i mean)i havent run since august, however i am possibly going to start again after the weekend as i'm feeling a little better, would i still realistically be able to put in the training needed for the flm, i dont want to do it if it means taking the place of someone who has put the training in.
10/10/2002 at 13:17
I would say that you had time to train. I think the important thing is to get your place - you can always pull out before if you don't feel up to it. Plenty of people have to pull out through minor injury so I wouldn't worry too much about this.
Abi
10/10/2002 at 14:42
Yep, I reckon you have plenty of time. I started training having never run before in December last year after having a 'moment of madness' and ran it last April - wouldn't recommend that little training (I felt very sick at the end) but with 7 months to go I think you'll be fine. Go for it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.