Training plans

Marathon training with some cross training.

3 messages
30/09/2012 at 22:01
Have read through other forum posts about this but can't find a definitive answer! I am running the Llanelli marathon next April. I am an experienced runner, times for 10k at 44 and HM at 145. I feel I fit in in between the basic RW training plans of 'get round first time' and 'intermediate'. I currently run around 24 miles over 3 sessions ( 13 mile long run) with commute to work on bike of about 30 miles pw. I am not sure which plan to go for but don't want to over train. I need to keep up the bike on some days , can I drop a mid week run as a cross train? I understand all the ' don't lose running mileage' stuff but feel I have a pretty good base. Any advice would be greatly appreciated . I'd also like to get close to 330 for the race!
cougie    pirate
01/10/2012 at 09:32
Cycling to work 30 miles per week ? So 6 miles per day ? 3 miles each way.

That shouldn't take too much out of you at all.

I'd ignore it for training purposes and carry on with the running schedule - running miles are vital.
01/10/2012 at 12:44
Thanks for getting back. Well it's 5 each way over 3 days, 10 a day. Ideally I'd run to work but no shower the other end. Think I will try a few weeks doing it all and see perhaps .

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.