Training Plans

PAY for them!!

11 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/10/2004 at 11:39
I can't believe that the London Marathon is expecting you to pay for training plans (as is real runner)

OK so it is only £3.50 but you only get a 1 line description and a thumb sized image of the front cover.

How do you know if the plan is what you want without looking at it and why charge when you can get them free elsewhere!

Does this mean they won't be putting plans in the magazines?

Pix
07/10/2004 at 11:49
I won't be paying for any training plan. Perhaps we should all put our heads together and devise one...we could sell it too!!

I am sure RW will want to continue to include one in the magazine.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/10/2004 at 11:49
i was just thinking we should all download the plans on here before RW start to charge!
07/10/2004 at 12:21
Good idea EP.
07/10/2004 at 12:41
there are plenty of training plans about.
hill runner will forward you one.he's highly recommended.
www.hillrunner.com
07/10/2004 at 16:09
RW do charge in as much as you pay for the magazine they are printed in. Also most of the training plans on this site are only accessible for subscription members.

I was however surprised to find the FLM training plans were chargable. They may of course be in the successful entry literature.
07/10/2004 at 20:47
Ive just been sent some by children with leukaemia, sub 5 sub 4 and sub 3 plans
Dont even know if Ill be running for them yet ( they pick after the ballot rejections come in)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/10/2004 at 21:20
jenny can I have a copy of your sub5 plan please!?!
07/10/2004 at 22:20
Hal Higdon schedules are quite good too and accessible FREE!
08/10/2004 at 10:34
I used Hal Higdon for my half and will use him again for the marathon
11/10/2004 at 17:45
Hi Everyone,
This is my first ever entry on this forum so here goes.
I have often read other peoples comments and found them very interesting and sometimes useful. I don't class myself as a "serious runner" but have completed 4 full and 2 half marathons. My last half marathon was in Cardiff on 3rd October 2004 and I finished in a time of 1:46:55 which is my best to date. I followed a training plan from the Cancer Research UK web site which I found really useful. It includes plans for a simple 5K to a full marathon. It is also broken down into "Beginner", "Intermediate" and "Advanced" levels.
I have already paid to download the training plan from the London Marathon web site and I must be honest it wasn't really worth it. It was practically identical to that of the Cancer Research one which was FREE!!
Here's where you can find and download the training plan in PDF format.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/running/runnerszone/trainingadvice/

Hope you all find it as useful as I did.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.