Treadmill or Road?

21 to 22 of 22 messages
19/01/2010 at 10:04

I prefer running outdoors as it doesn't feel much of an escape being trapped in a gym with other people pounding away on their treads either side of you.

Also it can get uncomfortably hot in the gym - at least if it's a sweltering day outside you get some sunlight & nice views.

Have recently found the tread to be a fantastic tool for pacing/speed work & posture though so can see the benefits on both sides. 

20/01/2010 at 11:35

Interesting you've said posture D2D...

I've never run on a treadie, but I am neutral about it - do what works for you I think

However, I keep seeing people 'tigger bouncing' down the embankment and I cant help but wonder if they are usual treddie runners - not sure how else you would develop such a style naturally. These people dont seem out of breath (i.e. running fast for them) so I cant work why they are bouncing so high?

Any treddie runners got comments about style from road vs treddie?? Its just got me wondering...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.