Unable to get to VLM due to Flight Disruptions

Have just rung VLM and given option to defer by email

21 to 23 of 23 messages
19/04/2010 at 15:38
Sky News is reporting that UK airspace will be open from tomorrow, including London airports. Good luck trying to get seats guys! 
20/04/2010 at 01:44

Thanks Juliefrazz

I was on the Shanghai to London plane last Thursday morning.  Good news - got an upgrade.  Bad news - plane delayed indefinitely!

Bit of do getting everybody off the plane and cancelling all immigration exit stamps.   Was optimistic overnight but waiting up and listening to Five Live things do not look so good.   Was worried about not being able to send registration letter back in time.

Even worse I do not have any shoes with me to carry on running!

Small silver lining - got to see Button & Hamilton at the Grand Prix on Sunday  

20/04/2010 at 06:22

I'm pleasantly suprised that VLM are letting people defer by e-mail, I really expected them to be difficult about it!

As JF says, things are now looking less good as far as resuming flights are concerned as we look to be due for another helping of ash.

Edited - sorry, it was MH wot said that, not JF!

Edited: 20/04/2010 at 06:23

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.