Use it to Lose It!

Post VLM10 Lard Lose

1 to 20 of 652 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/04/2010 at 20:12
Spinkletoes and I had muttered about losing the lard after London this year and several folks on both threads said they would join in.So …. This is your half week warning!
Empty the cupboards and restock as required!
Next week battle will commence.
Forumites vs Lard.
Lard will DIE!
Forumites must and will win! This thread is designed to encourage each other, share recipes and ideas. If you want to tell the word about your weight/goals/loses then brilliant but don't feel you have too. (I'm sure we could arrange for a list fairy or Google doc should this be required!)If you find something that really works do tell! If you have a particular habit that you want help breaking then ask (err please sir can someone stop me from snacking at work 'cos I get bored!) as I am sure someone will be able to help. Just like when we ran London we shared the pain and helped each other we can do the same here.The idea is that we all want to lose weight. It's easier and more fun with friends, plus we all run hence the use it to lose it title.NOTE anyone can join this thread it is not exclusive at all! So please don't think you had to run London to join in.Spinkletoes and I are aiming for the Birmingham Half as a target date to race lighter! Please join us in the campaign and maybe even on the day!!
29/04/2010 at 20:16
*runs in (slowly) gooses Pix and dashes off to make a salad*
29/04/2010 at 20:19

Geat idea for a thread Pix- I'm not sure if i'll fit into my uniform for my first day back at work post marathon tomorrow- I had two weeks off before London and took carbo loading to the extreme!!

Someone keep me away from the cheese!!!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/04/2010 at 20:21

shopping was done tonight and I have loads of fruit, veg and salad!

29/04/2010 at 20:24

Try www.foodfocus.co.uk

You can keep a list of food ate, count calories, add exercise etc and its FREE! You dont get annoying messages saying 'Ohhh well done youve lost a pound etc' ( although I'm all for encouragement) but I'm a big (!) girl now & I know what needs to be done- its just doing it!

Apologies if youve tried food focus & good luck all.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/04/2010 at 20:36
oh no that's a new one!
all help advice and comments well come!
29/04/2010 at 20:38

Hello

9lbs of lard to loose here!!!!! Also would like to complete the birmingham half so can I please join this thread.Pretty please

What day will you be starting this campaign (note bank holiday monday)?

Thanks

Linzi

29/04/2010 at 20:45
Loads o lard here! Count me in.

29/04/2010 at 21:05
Count me in - I managed to put on 7lbs whilst marathon training! Everyone keeps saying its muscle and muscle weighing more than fat but the reality was I used the marathon to eat what I liked!
29/04/2010 at 21:38

I think it would be sensible to get the Bank Holiday out of the way first and start on Tuesday.

29/04/2010 at 21:43

Count me in - I have the Great North Run in Sept to aim for now (not sure when Birmingham is though EP and Spinks).

Enjoy the weekend and see you bright and breezy on Tues!!!!

29/04/2010 at 21:49
I didn't do VLM, but can I still join in please ? Want to lose a stone..................and why didn't I spot this thread before Mr Saffy talked me into having a takeaway ?
29/04/2010 at 21:54

More the merrier!!!

Hi Saffy  Hi Sharon - do I know you?

Brum Half is Oct 24th.

29/04/2010 at 21:55
Stone here if any one wants it I'm in
29/04/2010 at 22:05

I have long planned shedding some lard (aprox 1 stone of it) after the marathon.  Its been really funny telling people (non runners) this and watching their reaction "But.... "

29/04/2010 at 22:15
Its official I can't do my work skirt up
29/04/2010 at 22:22

This has got to be the one time I'm ever going to get to ask this question.

Am I fat enough to join in?  I weigh 11st 8lbs at the moment and would like to get down to 10st 10lbs which would be a BMI of 25.

But I don't know how to make sure I don't lose muscle.

My weight loss so far has been good.  I never used to weigh myself, but just judge by my clothes.  So in 2000 I was a size 22 and now I'm a size 14.

The only reason I want to lose weight is so that I can race faster, as I am very happy with my size now.

I have found that the smaller I get, the harder it is to lose weight.

Okay I'll stop rambling on now.

29/04/2010 at 22:22
Oh no Vikki, do you have another skirt?
29/04/2010 at 22:46
I'll join in!  Eating what I want this week as a celebration for my marathon efforts but then the diet commences on Monday.  I have two months to slim down before training for Abingdon starts!!
29/04/2010 at 22:49
il join, just want to lose 5-7 pounds off the belly!
1 to 20 of 652 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.