VLM 2010 Survivors

Onwards and upwards to other events :o)

221 to 240 of 4,829 messages
29/04/2010 at 19:27
Come on Pinks catch up.....Hash ran with Pixie from the Mudchute for a few miles.... now that is friendship personified.... BTW Hash you could have gone as far as Buck House before they would have tried to pull you out.... You could have said to them " don't you know who I am " and finished....
29/04/2010 at 19:49
Gatton wrote (see)
Come on Pinks catch up.....Hash ran with Pixie from the Mudchute for a few miles.... now that is friendship personified.... BTW Hash you could have gone as far as Buck House before they would have tried to pull you out.... You could have said to them " don't you know who I am " and finished....

Yep, but I hadn't earned that.  Pixie had, and then some.  Next year, when I can do it all for real.......

Those seven miles did easily as much for me as they did for Pix, they made some sense out of me owning that t-shirt.  The crowd at the end of the underpass at mile 24 got a hell of a lot more drama than they bargained for - two women in matching super six t-shirts sobbing their eyes out, hugging the life out of each other, one heading towards the finish line.......I don't think I've ever, in nearly 47 years, cried so many happy tears in one day, and that includes my wedding day.

Edited: 29/04/2010 at 19:55
29/04/2010 at 20:33
blimey Hash ... when I saw your FB pics of you with Pinks & Pix I got it ... Monday night I read Pixie's account of Sunday (and worked my way thru the tissues) .. and I got it ... and with your post tonight, I totally get it ... it's absolutely what it's all about.
29/04/2010 at 20:52
Oh WOW that's amazing!!!!! Goosebumps and welling up all over again!!! Wonderful, and Hash you earnt it a thousand times over in my eyes......don't let anyone tell you any different.
29/04/2010 at 21:23

*reaches for the tissues*

I am really struggling to keep up with everything at the moment so although i've read back I'll probably miss most things I could have commented on.  I definitely won't waste any time looking for 'that' thread though.

MM - my 12 year old does parkrun, last week she took around 40 min, her Pb is 38.xx.  You will be very welcome if you turn up

Anyone who has ever registered for parkrun doesn't have to do it again, however you do need to go to their website and print off your barcode in order to get your time recorded against your name

Finally took the rolling pin to myself and got out for 8 miles tonight

29/04/2010 at 22:36

Hi all Hash Lovely post that next year you will do the whole dam 26.2 miles that is for sure.

I went to the club tonight everyone was so friendly and pleased for me I got round last Sunday I was well chuffed.

Did a small run.

2.43 miles 21.20 @8.46

splits

1 mile @  9.15

1 mile @  8.38

0.43 miles @ 7.58

The legs feel fine and it was nice to run other than slow but it took a while to get up to any speed 

I met a friend as I was leaving who said 3 weeks rest with only gentle training is the norm after a marathon, has anyone got any advice please?

29/04/2010 at 22:59
hello everyone
I had a nightmare on Sunday and was 24 mins off my pb

Legs are feeling better today so I'm determined to get another one under my belt this year.

I was thinking Dublin, anyone got any suggestions for a fast flat race that doesn't involve having to stop in the first few miles!

29/04/2010 at 23:01
Generally one day's recovery per mile Rod. Not necessarily complete rest, just take it easy and run HYF

Oh and make a cuppa for your friends each morning
29/04/2010 at 23:01
oh yeah and I can't find any photos yet!
29/04/2010 at 23:03
Sorry x-post Domsk
29/04/2010 at 23:16
is that like x-men?
29/04/2010 at 23:30
Hash will be an honour to be along side you at the start next year... looks for cuppa.......
29/04/2010 at 23:35
Hi Domsk.  i did Dublin in 2008, came to a complete standstill very, very early on but after that was able to run ok.  You just need to get used to Americans shouting 'Good jawb'
30/04/2010 at 05:25
Morning all Hash the tea is made
30/04/2010 at 05:30

Thanks Hash BTW for the advice my friend at the club said the same, it is not in me to stop completely so I will be just as you say taking it easy.

I am looking forward to lurking at the back of the Coventry Parkrun this Saturday, I am sort of planning to try and go each week for a while starting off slowly and using it to help with my speed.

Was going to do a 6 or 7 miler on Sunday but maybe not after the good advice, see how I feel.

I am at the physio this morning for really what should be the last session, I chose to book this to be on the safe side, he did a fantastic job and definetely helped get me to the start last Sunday along with all you on here

30/04/2010 at 06:00
Morning Rod.

*slurp*

Can't beat a bucket of Twinings first thing
30/04/2010 at 06:42
Morning! Has mine gone cold?
30/04/2010 at 06:48
Had a bit of a job waking up this morning......I know this sounds glaringly obvious but does anyone feel really tired - I mean the can't keep your eyes open want to sleep all day and still tired kind of tired?? I just have zero energy and could sleep for England but thank goodness a 3 day weekend.
30/04/2010 at 06:48
Second pot time, morning Pinks
30/04/2010 at 07:09
Yaaaawwwwnnnn.........ooh I need that tea, thank you!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.