VLM 2012 - how long before you cross the start line?

4 messages
15/04/2012 at 20:26
Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes from the official start at 0945 until you actually cross the start line? I am probably in the 03:30 Red start zone in Greenwich Park.

Also, is it easy to start running at the required pace straight away or do I need walk/jog a bit until the crowds clear.

Much appreciate any info on this - as want to let friends and family know when they can expect to see me.

Thanks in advance. Tom
Scuba Trooper    pirate
15/04/2012 at 21:45
Staggly - I started in the 3:30 pen on the red start last year and was across the line after only about 2 mins and did the first mile at 8:00 min mile pace with no problem, more or less straight into running pace. Enjoy the race.
15/04/2012 at 23:48
Great thanks!
16/04/2012 at 07:36
I agree that at that pace you should be off quite quickly.  The last runners might take up to 25 min to cross the red start though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.