VLM 2012 first timers???

4,601 to 4,620 of 5,377 messages
23/09/2012 at 18:48

How did Swansea go PIp?

Just got back before from my last 20 miler before Amsterdam. It was cold and very wet, but worth it !!

23/09/2012 at 20:46

ummmmmm afraid I chickened out it was so wet and windy here that the thought of running along Gower which would be even windier filled me with dread.  Trouble is really regret it now, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it   feel a bit of a wuss now though

well done on 20 miles... very impressed sort of makes me feel even worse now, especially as Black and Tabby was do a half marathon

hanging head in shame

23/09/2012 at 20:57

Don't worry Pip. It is your right to pick and choose whatever race you want. The thought of running along the Gower in those conditions would fill me with dread also. as you say we run to enjoy it not to endure a 10k somewhere in a monsoon !!!!!!!!

I did the 20 miles quite simply because I had to. No other weekends left and Amsterdam is in 4 weeks !!! Still it went really well though considering the conditions, although it was bit hard to run the last half hour with heavy sodden trainers into a bit of a head wind !!

23/09/2012 at 21:39

phew I feel a lot better now..... as I keep telling myself I run because I enjoy it not because I have to .... if that makes sense. But I also don't like to admit defeat or appear a wuss that's just my nature.   Sometimes I am probably a bit too hard on myself.  Looking forward to Cardiff half, and also waiting for my London Marathon ballot to come through.   Not confident I will get in again though.

must admit I like talking to you, you always make me feel better  and you make speak a lot of sense !

24/09/2012 at 12:42

Kiwi - well done on your 20 miler. best of luck for Amsterdam - am thinking it must be a pretty flat course?!

Pip - rain I can run in, but if its really windy as well, then I don't blame you for opting out yesterday.

Malmesbury Half yesterday - yes it was wet. VERY wet! Brand new race so a few tweeks they'll need to sort out if they run it again, but was mostly along lovely little country lanes. I think we went past a pub called 'The Cat and Custard Pot' but I might have been hallucinating by then - I was so wet and by this time running on my own (so much so that I did wonder if I'd taken a wrong turn!) Anyway, despite lack of training ran a good pace and finished in 2;19:46 - a PB by 9 minutes 58 seconds!!!!!! kaffeeg - don't know what my legs will be like for Bristol next week! Still need to check I have your phone number ......

Day off today - might stagger over to the allotment this afternoon and see if its been washed away....

24/09/2012 at 13:35
Congrats B&t! That's a fantastic pb! And becuase you haven't trained as much - next week you'll see another 9 mins shaved off!!

Pip - don't feel bad. It's all meant to be fun, and running in wind and rain is not!

Kiwi - good luck with amsterdam! Fingers crossed you get a pb too.

I'm really excited about bristol. Hopefully the weather will improve by then!
25/09/2012 at 10:56

Fingers crossed the weather improves. My trainers had just about dried out from Sunday, so I took thenm out for a 3M 'squelch' this morning. They're in the sun drying out AGAIN!

Kaffeeg - sent a text to the mobile number I had for you - did you get it??? Or have I sent it to completely the wrong person

25/09/2012 at 13:11

oooooh well done black and tabby you get a huge pat on the back and a very large gold star  made me feel even more wuss- like   did 3 miles last night bit windy but dry.  Hope you running shoes don't smell as awful as mine did after getting wet

Looking forward to Cardiff half hopefully they will get the route right this year  wish I was able to do Bristol but what with pony sitting for my friend and ummm going to collect our new edition to our little gang... getting a horse[been looking for 2 years] it is not really logistically possible.

good luck kiwi we are all expecting you to do a really speedy time ...... no pressure

Edited: 25/09/2012 at 13:12
25/09/2012 at 13:16
B&t - nooooooooop, I didn't get a text!!,! I have your number - I'll text you. Or at least I think I have your number!

Pip - soooooooo exciting! Happy new horse! My cousin has been selling some of her horses, which she is very sad about, but needs must. I know not one thing about horses, other than they are beautiful!
25/09/2012 at 13:33

kaffeeg - got your text - I'd texted someone with a number just 1 digit away from yours

Pip - never mind - we'll meet at another race, eh? Shoes not too whiffy thank heavens - I can tell if I've run through something 'interesting' if my cat can't stop sniffing them

Kiwi hello!!

Is anyone else still around???

25/09/2012 at 15:36

I think it's just you, me, kaffeeg and Kiwi what's happened to Abersnail ????

Well you never know, you and Kaff may well meetat last don't forget to wave your blue ribbons, still got mine

25/09/2012 at 20:26

I was just catching up with you all earlier today!  Been spending too much time obsessing about my weight on the Weight Watchers website!

All this talk of running in the rain ... I am dreading my 12 mile training run tomorrow morning.  Am doing the Cardiff half in a couple of weeks.

Did a quarter marathon a few weeks ago.  It was cross country and really enjoyed it.  I am now thinking of doing more off road smaller races.  They are what I enjoy and now I've done a couple, I am more confident that I probably won't be last and it doesn't matter if I am.

25/09/2012 at 21:02

Hey Abersnail, may see you in Cardiff, lets hope this blooming rain stops !!

26/09/2012 at 12:35

The rain eased off then hammered down for my last 4 miles!  Anyone else mad enough to run today?!

26/09/2012 at 13:01

yup I am going this evening in the dark and probably pouring with rain !!!

Edited: 26/09/2012 at 13:02
26/09/2012 at 13:47

drat !! just been out to my car to check my running clothes[ running after work] haven't got running bottoms, lots of tops though arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! looks like I will either be running very late [ get home,get running bottoms] or running toomorrow ....oh for goodness sake

27/09/2012 at 14:06

Welllllllllllllllllllllll.... who entered, who didn't ?? rejection letters have started coming out for the VLM13. I soooo hope I haven't got in, I've been in bloody rehab since the April marathon. If I did get in I would be deferring.

Is the Bristol half coming up soon, good luck to all those who entered x

27/09/2012 at 16:02

I entered ballot again eeeeeeeeeeek getting really scared again now !!

27/09/2012 at 19:25

Fingers crossed for you!

Very tired after yesterday's run.  Did you get out Pip?

Rebecca - you must be getting so fed up.  Hope the injury sorts itself out soon.

27/09/2012 at 19:53
Difficult decision avoided ... got the sorry magazine!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.