VLM 2012 first timers???

4,621 to 4,640 of 5,367 messages
27/09/2012 at 19:56
Hey guys- haven't been around for a while.
My reject mag arrived today- probably for the best as I've had a Ricky 2 months with knees and Achilles
Good luck to those still waiting
27/09/2012 at 21:05

Well got my magazine and ..................................I AM IN AGAIN !!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek can't belive it,  Mr pipity is now thinking 'oh no here we go again' so hopefully knees will behave themselves ......can't believe it !!! went for short run this evening ....just couldn't concentrate. 

speedy 10 and siony what a shame we could have  all gone through it  together again ..... oh what have I done eeeek

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 21:10
27/09/2012 at 21:29

Pip

That is unbelievable. Did you get in last yer though the ballott also. If so the odds of that happening twice are amazing !!!!

Still we have some work to do now. Good for you !!

Bad luck the rest of you. Try again next time .

27/09/2012 at 21:36

Kiwi yes entered the ballot again...... never thought I would get in two years in a row.  Hope its not an awful mistake  obviously some one looking down on me has given me the opportunity not to mess up this time !

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 21:38
27/09/2012 at 22:04

I don't seem to remember you messing up last time. Anyway you have done it once so you are a little more street wise. And it is most certainly not an awful mistake.

There are many people who would love to   run London and may never get the chance , and you can do it twice. Grab it with both hands !!!

We'll certainly help you again !!

27/09/2012 at 22:11

hey I am relying on you to get me through it again ..... can't believe how lucky I am

27/09/2012 at 22:14
CONGRATS PIP!!!!!! So glad you got in, that's fab news!

I got the sorry mag - not upset to say the least! Am booked for Brighton anyways sp we can still do virtual training together!

Sorry to all who haven't got in too......another time!
27/09/2012 at 22:19

Kaffeeg that's a shame......but yeah to Brighton, when is that ?  looking forward to training together again   Come on knees you can't give up on me yet

27/09/2012 at 22:21

No worries Pip.

27/09/2012 at 22:24
Pip , oh my !!!!!
Think you will have a good support crew- I'm planning on coming up to support ! Go pip go!!!
28/09/2012 at 11:13

Excellent!  I didn't enter the ballot but I plan to do the Manchester Marathon (I think - common sense keeps telling me not to do it!!) so will be going through the training at the same time.

28/09/2012 at 12:04

Wow PIP - well done!!!! The only messing up that happened this year that I can see is that you didn't get any decent photos!!!! I'm signed up for Brighton (14th April) - kaffeeg didn't realise you were doing it too! - which traditionally is a week before VLM - so lots of training going on together again!

Aber - I see Manchester is 28th April, so I'm presuming VLM is 21st! We can all train together again (with less injuries this time - okay, everyone?) I also see it says Manchester Marathon is the flattest marathon in the UK!

Still trying to get sorted for Bristol Half on Sunday. I'm still shaking off the effects of the half I did last Sunday - little twinges, and feel a bit cold-y so am icing and echinacia-ing like mad!

How's everyone else doing?

28/09/2012 at 12:22

Well done pip. I reckon I'll be helping out with my clubs water station next year so I'll look out for you running past

I didn't get in, but that's fine, I'd have so much catching up to do. I'm so pleased I have no pressure to get back to running anytime soon, I might not even run again until next year now. I've kinda fallen out of love with it after all my problems.

I'll be looking forward to reading how everyone is getting on though x

28/09/2012 at 12:24

It'll be fun, all training together again!  Although common sense is still telling me not to do it - I don't have time and it's exhausting ... but I would really like to do a marathon without all the stress I put myself under.

Good luck with Bristol!

28/09/2012 at 12:30

eeeeeeeeek still can't believe it !!  definately up for all training together again, even if we are all doing different marathons.  Really want to do it injury free next year, and hopefully will find it less stressful !!  Aber Snail part of me is saying 'oh no what have I done '

Black and Tabby definately will try for better photos and look out for all the landmarks !!

gosh its all happening chickens, horse arriving on Sunday and London Marathon again .......oh my word

have to get in supplies of shot bloks now !!  .......mmmmmm yummy

28/09/2012 at 12:37

Pip - glad you've got your priorities right re. shotbloks! Actually I was getting my stuff ready last weekend for malmesbury HM and went to grab a packet of ShotBloks to take- and found they were all out of date!!!! Had totake a gel instead

Rebecca - so sorry to hear about your problems still. After receiving such support at the Mudchute RW supporters point I suppose I ought to go and support them this year...

Aber - common sense - what's that??!!

28/09/2012 at 12:41

Hi, I've been trying to get into vlm for years and yesterday night I finally got accepted! Anyone mind if I get in the action here? I've been having motivational issues with my running recently and could really do with the running banter. 

28/09/2012 at 12:49

chinchin   hi and welcome you have come to the right place for lots of chat, motivation,giggles and grumbles. Be warned as the weeks/months progress you will get slightly obsessed and stressed  about anything and everything !! believe me .... you can always read back to see what we were all like and probably what we will be like again eeeeekk  exciting !!

28/09/2012 at 12:55

Hi pippitypoppity, thanks for the welcome. Don't worry where else can you find a better bunch of obsessed people then runners

I saw talk about shot bloks, how do you find them? I tried a while ago and found it too much work to chew when on the road (co-ordination is not my specialty!).

28/09/2012 at 13:06

shot bloks are yummy [ even if you are not going for a run] although they have the same effect on me and Kaffeeg as catnip has on cats  amazon sell them and any good running shop I would think I tried jelly beans but found couldn't chew,breathe and run at the same time !! oh and Kiwi is our mentor, so any questions he is the person to chat to  ...oh and call me pip x

Edited: 28/09/2012 at 13:07
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.