VLM 2012 first timers???

4,641 to 4,660 of 5,404 messages
28/09/2012 at 17:38

Congratulations to everyone who has got a place so far and fingers crossed for those who haven't received their mags yet.

l followed this forum a while earlier this year when training for the 2012 VLM and am looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress for next year's event.

29/09/2012 at 11:26
Rebecca - gosh, you've really been through it with your knees. marathons are stupid distances and so gruelling on the body. Hope you get better soon. X

Well done for everyone who got into London.

B&t - yay! Running buddies again! I'm going to pull out at any sign of injury, no way am I doing it undertrained again. Soooooooo looking forward to tomorrow, hope it's a PB! Are you still doing it? Hope your legs are less achy.
29/09/2012 at 14:44

Black and Tabby and kaffeeg good luck for tomorrow hope the weather is good.  I said to Mr pippity got the opportunity to do London again, but any sign of problems with my knee then I will defer..... never want to go through that much pain again ! just been for an 8 and a bit mile run...felt really sluggish but hay ho that's the way it goes..Rebecca I can sympathise with you and your knees

Edited: 29/09/2012 at 15:44
29/09/2012 at 22:38
Hello strangers! Remember me??? I have sadly neglected the forum for months, but so lovely to see familiar names! My husband got the sorry mag yesterday but he has got a back up charity place. I am currently in South Wales, with Emsi, about to have an early night before Bristol Half tomorrow. Yikes! Will be furthest I have run since the marathon! If you are running, good luck. No blue ribbons this time!
Xx
30/09/2012 at 15:28
Thanks Pip! Wish I could cheer you on in london but I'll be in new york.

Emma - nooooooo, you and emsi should have said! I met up with B&t this moorning there, and she arranged to meet with a couple of people from another thread. Hope you enjoyed the race!

I got my pb of 2 hours 13 and 41 seconds (previous was 2:14;47). Would have liked 2 hours 10, but that's something to aim for. I have now been snoring on the train back to London.
30/09/2012 at 16:38
I am back in South Wales with Emsi, and am heading back to Bristol airport in a bit. I did 2:26 which is a pb for me. I am very happy! I know, if I hadn't been so neglectful f the forum, I could have met you all. Glad you pb-ed too.xx
30/09/2012 at 21:17

Emma mcglynn where have you beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!! well done on your pb

Kafeeg yeah well done on your pb brilliant that you managed to meet up with B&T ..what was it like ?? was it flat or hilly ??

30/09/2012 at 21:41
Pip - it was mainly flat, but after about 8/9 there were about 6 little hills, didn't last long but they were steep. And seemed to get steeper! That was tough. What's the Cardiff half like? Have you done it before?
30/09/2012 at 22:04

yeah do Cardiff every year, it is flat although last year they changed the route...and it wasn't !!  hopefully they get it right this year

01/10/2012 at 16:58
Congrats Pip on getting in again ... it was odds on one of us would but individually the odds of getting in via the ballot 2 in 2 must be massive, do the lotto this week!
Edited: 01/10/2012 at 17:02
01/10/2012 at 20:52

speed-10  can't believe it still !!   think I might try euro-millions !!

02/10/2012 at 22:22
Pip - good luck on Sunday.

Me and the wife are off to Australia n Thursday, so won't be on here for a few weeks. We're hiring a campervan and heading into the outback. Crikey. Taking my running shoes with me!
02/10/2012 at 23:10

ooh have a brilliant time Kaffeeg ....be careful  

02/10/2012 at 23:25

hi people

02/10/2012 at 23:28

hi where have you been ???

03/10/2012 at 10:14

Kaffeeg - have a great time!!!! Was lovely to see you again in Bristol - and amazingly I recognised you straightaway The other people I met were from the thread 'Gulp' - anyone from here is very welcome to come and join us! Well done on your PB - I too shaved a fraction more off my PB, but had hoped for a bit more. Did you find it really crowded, or was it just that I started too far back and spent the whole race overtaking?

Emma McGlynn - we could have met up!!!!! Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but hope you had a good time.

Emsi did you run as well, or were you just offering B&B?

hello again Mick!

Pip - has it sunk in yet??

Legs feeling okay now after Sunday - just had a nice easy recovery run yesterday. Weather is a bit ominous today so might hide inside and work!

03/10/2012 at 12:14

Piiiiip!!!! Well done - twice in a row is amazing! And you get to run with me after all then . Bring on the madness Part 2!

03/10/2012 at 16:29

Hi all. Hi Mick'n'Phil. Good to touch base again. Pip has got into London for a second year !!

03/10/2012 at 21:00

Len 2  crazy isn't it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek !!

03/10/2012 at 22:45
I know, I am kicking myself for not being more organised and meeting up. Emsi did the run too, and Mr Emsi. It was his first half, and did just under 2 hours. Emsi was ill, so didn't have a great time of it. You shouldn't run when I'll!
Kaffeeg, how exciting! Have a brilliant time!
Pip, so nice to see familiar names. I am good. Had the best summer in France with kiddies and husband and new term is spoiling all my fun!
B&T - next time! I loved the Bristol run. Really well organised I thought. More loos than in London!
I am running tomorrow and looking forward to it. Enjoyed SundY so much, feel I have my mojo back!
Nice to be back!! Woohoo!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.