VLM 2012 first timers???

4,661 to 4,680 of 5,372 messages
05/10/2012 at 10:33

Emma - its funny, everyone else seemed to enjoy Bristol - think it was just me who didn't! Literally spent the whole race over taking people, which meant I was checking my pace every other minute to make sure I wasn't going too fast (don't normally overtake so many people!) Glad you have your mojo back - is this first term as tough for the teachers as it is for the kids??!! My son started secondary school in September and he is just hanging now - absolutely shattered, poor soul!

Hi Len - how are you doing? All set for next April??!!

08/10/2012 at 08:46

Hi B&T  

Nope - I'm not ready at all - I'm about as far away from ready as anyone could possibly be...minor detail though

08/10/2012 at 13:49

Len 2   plenty of time .......... at least that'swhat I am telling myself

08/10/2012 at 22:51
Well Len and Pip - you've got a week more than me & Kaffeeg - we're both doi g Brighton. There - now you feel better!
09/10/2012 at 08:41

Black and Tabby one word for you .... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek !!

09/10/2012 at 09:11

Now that's just not helping Pip   Off to buy new trainers in a minute

09/10/2012 at 13:12

oooooh new shoes yup think I will have to pay a visit to a well known running store too 

Edited: 09/10/2012 at 13:12
10/10/2012 at 21:13

Me too but not doing it till it stops being so muddy!

Are you all set for Sunday Pip?

10/10/2012 at 22:57

hi Aber snail  yup all ready for Cardiff except.... missed my long run on Sunday as my knee was giving me trouble but aim to do a short run tomorrow..... so far it does seem to be ok

11/10/2012 at 09:12

New shoes bought and runned in Same model as my last pair, but surprised me by being in different colours - very sleek purple and dark greay. Much more practical for the winter than the usual white! They felt so much more comfy that my old pair - even around the laces / ankle was so much more padded. This is very good news, because my shins have been feeling a bit sore again. I am in complete denial so am not saying the words 'S--- S-----' but have been icing and wearing my attractive compression calf guards and keeping my fingers crossed. Also hoping new shoes will work their magic!

Anyone else running cardiff?

Aber - if you wait until it stops being so muddy you'll NEVER get new shoes!

Pip - have a great race on Sunday - hope your knee is okay????

11/10/2012 at 09:39

Hi B&T, yes I'm running Cardiff Half on Sunday too.  I hope to anyway as my legs are really sore... like I've done a very very long run but I only did 8 miles yesterday.  Maybe I overdid it at kettle bells on Tuesday.  Oops.  Or maybe it's just too much running in the mud!

It is so muddy I am thinking of getting trail shoes for Christmas!  Or is there such a thing as running wellies?!!  My feet were so wet after yesterday's run.

12/10/2012 at 12:20

Hi AberSnail and Black and Tabby..... flipping heck what happened to the weather yesterday ??  anyway think the forecast is good for Sunday.  Haven't run for a week [ yikes !] been resting my knee so hoping to go for a short run tonight.  B&T jealous of your new shoes ...... I want some, feel a shopping trip is needed .. I hate shopping

see yas

Edited: 12/10/2012 at 12:21
13/10/2012 at 08:49

Good luck for tomorrow, Pip!  Looks like it is going to be cold and dry. Good running weather!

13/10/2012 at 21:35
Pip & Aber Snail - have a great race tomorrow! It's obviously a popular race - was talking to a man in a bike shop tray and he was going over to run it.
14/10/2012 at 14:07

Disaster !! went for a short run yesterday [not run properly for 2 weeks and missed my long run] to try my knee, only ran 3 miles and started having pain.  So unfortunately Cardiff was not to be..am absolutely fed up   So plan A is now rest up till first Saturday in November, buy new shoes and do a couple of local 4 mile runs on Boxing day and new Years day.  Then concentrate on London [ yikes ] 

Abersnail hope you had a good run the weather was perfect.

Really fed up

14/10/2012 at 17:08

Nightmare, Pip!  You are having no luck!  Race today good.  Not looked at people's comments yet but in my opinion it was the best route and atmosphere out of the 3 or 4 times I've done it, but was slowed down as it was so congested.

15/10/2012 at 13:39

fed up

15/10/2012 at 20:09

Oh no, Pip!  Have you seen a physio about your knee?

16/10/2012 at 21:20

Hi Aber going to rest it for two weeks then if no better see a physio, had a problem like this a few years ago...... so frustrating

17/10/2012 at 10:31

Aber - glad your race went well, shame about the congestion - gets frustrating, doesn't it?

PIP - OH NO!!!!  Not good news about your knee, but sounds like you're being very sensible resting it - best thing for it. Do you know what it is? Physio on standby.....

Ran my first ever intervals this morning Go me! felt good and nearly hit all my paces too

Waves hello to anyone else dropping by!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.