VLM 2012 first timers???

4,701 to 4,720 of 5,389 messages
29/10/2012 at 21:39

Absolutely right B and T. Every marathon or even half is a learning curve.

31/10/2012 at 00:17

very excited new running shoes arrived today, looking forward to starting running again

waves and grins to everyone

31/10/2012 at 07:34
Pip - Hope the knee ok for trying out the new shoes! Hoping to go for a run today but my routine mucked up by half-term. Got another session with the sports physio later. Ouch!

Need to enter another race. There was one in RW this month -7 Sins - 7 miles with 7 hills. Might be a step too far for me though! Still can't decide whether to do a spring marathon.
31/10/2012 at 13:07

Hi Aber oh doooooo a spring Marathon cos you can be a training buddie as well !!

31/10/2012 at 13:21
I know I'll be jealous of you if I don't!
31/10/2012 at 23:57
You know you want to really, Aber!

Pip - new shoes

Made it out for my LSR on Monday, but at 6 miles it wasn't really long or slow enough. However it did include a hill and lots of mud, and put a huge smile on my face- so job done

Intervals today. Added an extra one so should have been 6, but when I looked at my Garmin I'd actually run 7. Doh!
02/11/2012 at 13:15
You're right B&T!

Had an appointment with an NHS physio this morning. She disagrees with the sports physio's diagnosis and treatment plan. I don't know who to believe!
02/11/2012 at 13:33

Oh no Aber - that's a really hard one. Who to believe??? Have you googled extensively to see which you feel is right (I know - Googling extensively is not usually a good iidea!) Hope it heals quickly, whichever it is.

Pip - made it out yet?

Kiwi - have you recovered yet?

Think I missed the chance to run this morning - too much going on when the kids are off from school, even with Mr B&T home as well!

02/11/2012 at 17:53
I ran first thing - rain, sleet and hail. Good move not running, B&T!

It's a really minor injury and I suspect they are both right. Physio today said sports massage only works short term. Will have to research whether this is true or an NHS policy as it takes too long!
02/11/2012 at 20:39

Helooooooooooooooooooooooo gold star Aber Snail for running in such horrid weather

hopefully going for a run on Sunday may have to resort to wearing old shoes as I think it will be a wet and muddy run... don't want my shoes to get filthy on their first outing !!! perhaps you should go for a third opinion on your injury !!

terrible weather isn't it ???  even the chickens are grumpy

03/11/2012 at 10:24
I know what you mean about not wanting to get new shoes muddy straight away! Mine are caked in mud and very soggy after this morning's run. At least it was sunny. My neighbours' chicken doesn't like winter and especially snow.
03/11/2012 at 22:29

nearly B and T. Will have another week or so off, then it starts again. Very interested  in the King Ludwig Romantic Castles marathon in Bavaria next year. It also has a half and a 10k. I have been looking at this for a while. Very tempting.

I got my application for a championship entry for London confirmed and accepted last week. So that is sorted.  5-6 months to build up for that. Looking forward to it already. I feel as though I have Amsterdam almost out of the system now.

06/11/2012 at 07:40
Kiwi - that's exciting. So you and pip can virtual train together!

I need to hang my head in shame for two reasons. I never did my 10mile run on Sunday as chickened out running in non stop pouring rain. And then last night, I sat on the sofa watching tv and had two shot bloks. I'm hopeless.
06/11/2012 at 20:57

Kaff, don't hang your head in shame cos, don't blame you for not wanting to get drenched  and definately don't blame you or tell you off for shot blocking [ mmmmmm yummm!!

went for a short run on Sunday ..... before the rain, to test out my knee and think its ok.  I just seem to be way behind everyone now.... haven't run 10 miles for ages  ah well !!  Oh and   as for virtual training with Kiwi ummm well think he would be miles ahead of me ... in fact probably wouldn't see him for dust !!!  ... even virtual training I am in awe of him

Edited: 06/11/2012 at 20:58
06/11/2012 at 23:45
Kaffeeg - sorry but I did laugh at eating Shot Bloks whilest watching TV nothing wrong with taking it easy before the training starts in earnest - gulp!

Pip - great news about your knee! Back to 10 mile runs before you know it.

Trying to get some speed work in, in the next few weeks ready for my 10 k at the end of the month. After that it's back to going slow again!

Anyone thought about training plans yet???
07/11/2012 at 01:59

Black and Tabby ...training plans eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek !!! actually think I will stick to the one I used for London ...seemed to suit me Hal higdon [ one and two sort of mixed the two of them together

07/11/2012 at 21:20
Pip - I was thinking of reusing the one I had as well. Hoping it's not jinxed!
07/11/2012 at 22:13

oh goodness don't say that B & T got me thinking now !!!

08/11/2012 at 05:14

Hi all. Do you intend running your VLM just to get around Pip, ot do you want to try and improve yout yime ?????

08/11/2012 at 08:26

Sorry Pip! Think my problem was more me shuffling days around in my schedule than the schedule itself. Must run today - missed running yesterday for a lunch out, which involves the MOST delicious potatoes dauphinois ever   Good fuel I guess??!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.