VLM 2012 first timers???

5,021 to 5,040 of 5,392 messages
19/04/2013 at 23:18
Hi everyone- good luck for Sunday and have fun!
Can't wait to hear news of your runs
Saw a clip of the start if last years race on the news- gave me goose bumps!
Remember a lucozade poster on one of the last underpasses - "5 more miles and then you are a part of history" when I was tired made me think- I can do that!
You can all go it ! X
19/04/2013 at 23:20
Or if I could type - you can all do it ! Xx
20/04/2013 at 14:56

Siony ...that's the part I remember think I started blubbering at that point as well, and when it said only 2 more miles gulp...... getting excited for next year now.   GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!   YOU WILL ALL BE BRILLIANT

20/04/2013 at 19:24

Wow, memories of last year have prompted me to return to say hello, good luck to anyone running & I'll be watching with a slight envy as I would love to be running it again.

Currently trying to decide between Jersey & Chester for October for my second marathon (I knocked 25 minutes of my 1/2 PB in Feb & would be hoping for sub 4 hr marathon!).

Anyway, back to the point I hope everything goes well tomorrow & running is in the news for amazing fund raising efforts & fantastic stories of personal achievements ... and most of all runners and supporters have a great day!

20/04/2013 at 23:28
Good luck everyone tomorrow hope we all have a fun and safe race
21/04/2013 at 16:44
Hoping you all had a great day today - looking forward to hearing everyone's stories
21/04/2013 at 17:27

Where is everyone come on we want to know how you got on...... we are all waiting !!

21/04/2013 at 23:01
Hi everyone. My first marathon (and my last) was agony my knee started to hurt at mile 11 and by 13 I was in agony, I had to keep stopping at the first aid tent to get a massage and ice pack. I did finish but was over an hr after the time I hoped 6:19. Gutted but I'm in so much pain now I'm just glad I finished.
21/04/2013 at 23:25
Well done you did it. It sounds a bit like what happened to me last year. I was disappointed and then I was reminded that not only had I just completed The London Marathon but I had done it injured as well and that proves you had guts and determination. I said never again but........ just got to do it one more time tiprove I can. But for the moment relax get your knee checked out and remember YOU JUST COMPLETED THE LONDON MARATHON !!!! and not everyone can say that.Jolly well done
21/04/2013 at 23:49

Rakhee, can understand why you mightr feel disapppointed but give yourself the credit for carrying on when you were in pain - and you'll be able to knock so much off your PB if you decide to run again. Rest easy

22/04/2013 at 20:18

well done rakhee, you certainly won the mental battle by not quitting and getting through that in so much dis-comfort, massive credit and you,ve got the medal,ENJOY IT because you earned it.

well i loved it, i completed in 4.35.29 which im delighted about. had hoped for sub 4h30 but to be within 5-6 mins of it is great and think my training went 99% to plan!

ran the perfect race until mile 21 but by that time the sun and warmth was just draining me and as you know we,ve trained in rubbish weather for the last 5 months i slowed down too much and it became a mental battle for the last few miles but i knew i was always going to finish it.

afterwards went back to the charity after party and had a well earned massage and some food and drinks. legs not too bad today, maybe tomorrow will be worse!

ballot opens on monday and yes my name will be in there!

22/04/2013 at 20:51

Big eater yeah !!! well done brilliant time. If you get in next year we can virtual train together. Must admit it did look a bit warm. Just waiting to hear from Kiwi now. Kiwi where are you ?
Rakhee are you ok ?

for some reason I am not being notified when people post on here anyone else having the same problem ?

Edited: 22/04/2013 at 21:24
23/04/2013 at 08:16
Well done rakhee- it takes real guts to carry on
Be proud!
Will confess I did mutter " dear god, make it stop" at about 21 miles- but still anxiously await October post!
Will try entering again on Monday
23/04/2013 at 13:08

yeah well done Siony for entering again are we slightly mad or what ?

23/04/2013 at 21:34

Hi all and well done. Sorry to hear about your knee RAKHEE, but as it was said before. You have done the London marathon so well done you. You are now in the elite club of being amongst the 1% of pepole who have ever run a marathon. Congrats. Also to you BIGEATER. the average time is 4.37 so you are below that great stuff. Pip and everyone else , entries open Monday. Go for it and we can do it all agin !! lets keep this thread up and running for another year !! I'm up fot it.  

23/04/2013 at 21:43

Kiwi sooo glad now that I deferred till next year.  Really excited about it.  And you will have me pestering and quizzing you all over again ...yeahhhh !!

how did you get on pretty whizzy I expect

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 21:43
23/04/2013 at 21:44

Rakhee are you ok ??

23/04/2013 at 21:55
Ye-ha I'm quicker than average, ok only by a minute and a half but I'll have that. Cheers kiwi you've made me feel great.

Feeling ok, not too sore, might try a wee 4 miles tomorrow.
23/04/2013 at 22:08

Big eater you will be in trouble with Kiwi even if you go for a short run.  You should rest and let your body recover.  We were all banned from running last year for about 4  weeks !!! 

24/04/2013 at 09:14

Hi I'm ok, really gutted about my time however went back to work yesterday and my students all gave me a round of appluase and wanted to see my medal.  It was the look on their face and how proud they were of me that made me realise that I did achieve something people can only ever dream of.

I'm going to let myself fully recover but I think I need to try and get a place next year to prove to myself that I can do it in under 5 hours until then I'm going to start my triathlon training.

Thank you all for your supoort throughout my training, without you guys I wouldn't have made the start line let alone the finish!

Well done BigEater, that is fantastic news.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.