VLM 2012 first timers???

5,041 to 5,060 of 5,329 messages
24/04/2013 at 12:04

Rakhee that's just how I felt, need to do it one more time just so I can prove to myself that I can do it in the time I think I am capable of ..... also to look at all the landmarks this time and even more important ... get some decent official photos !!!!

24/04/2013 at 23:40

Enjoy the moment RAKHEE. You have earnt it. It doesn't matter about the time. You should have only been aiming at getting around anyway. next time think about a target time and have a go then.

Listen to Pip Bigeater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24/04/2013 at 23:44

2.43 Pip. I have run it faster, but it was also 4 mins faster than last year so will certainly take it It means another championship start for next year in the bag, so that was really the main aim. Anything quicker is a bonus. There is more in the tank.

24/04/2013 at 23:55
Flipping heck Kiwi that`s fast. You must have finished in one of the first groups. Not that far behind the winner surely ?
25/04/2013 at 14:07

congrats everyone!  Bloody well done!

Rakhee - don't be disappointed!  you did brilliantly!  I know how you feel - I wanted under 5 hours and got 5 hours 48 and 16 seconds. BUT who bloody cares?  You did it.  And you can do it again, and get another PB!

bigeater and kiwi - brilliant!  whoop!

hello everyone else!

b&t - you resting?  Hope you have your feet up!

pip - how it your running going?

I'm trying to find some other half marathons to do before the summer. I have now got a lot of middle age spread and determined that I will be able to look half way decent if I put on a bikini in the summer.....so going to join the gym again and start a proper work out plan from now until then.....been doing sit ups/etc every day this week, as I did as part of my marathon training and noticed a big difference then.

25/04/2013 at 22:02
Hi kaffeeg good to hear from you, I am back running just short distances at the moment going to do a 10k end of June. Few more 10ks later on the hopefully Cardiff half in October. Not going to go mad as want to stay injury free ready for London training ( eeeek !)
How is your mum ?
Oh and I am still not being notified when new posts come on here .....anyone else having the same problem ?
jazz hand, blue ribbon waves to everyone about
27/04/2013 at 13:35

Pip- I'm not being notified either

Your running sounds sensible. Hope you stay injury free.

My mum had another op on Thursday, she's doing much better after this one, out of intensive carequite quickly and up and walking. Hopefully she'll be home soon. 

29/04/2013 at 07:18

So who's entered the ballot for 2014?! 

29/04/2013 at 09:48

Oooh are you Kafeeg ...lets get the jazzhand blue ribbon running club going again.  Where is everyone else  ? ?

29/04/2013 at 09:50

Kaggeeg good news about your mum hope she is home really soon

29/04/2013 at 20:36

I've entered too ????

29/04/2013 at 20:57

And me.... why???  Maybe I just want to get to use my blue ribbon again!

Kaffeeg - hope your mum still improving.

Hope those who did this year's are still resting.

I've had a couple of weeks off running, on the advice of a sports physio.  Am now gradually getting back into it.  Just hope I can keep injury and illness free so that I can do a marathon next spring, whether it's London or Manchester or somewhere else.

29/04/2013 at 23:07

And me ... Couldn't help myself  

Kaffeeg - much better news about your Mum - hope she's back home very soon.

Rakhee and Bigeater - hope you're recovering well, and Rakhee hope you're feeling happier now about your time. Hopefully it means you can take 42 minutes off your time next year like I did this year!

Lovely to see the Jazz Hands Running Club coming back together again 

30/04/2013 at 06:32

Yep, I entered! If I don't get a place, I'll try the charity route again. Jazz hands whoop! 

30/04/2013 at 13:56

yippee even more excited now                               

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 13:59
05/05/2013 at 21:24

It all starts again now. ballot closed and good luck all who entered !!

05/05/2013 at 22:34

exciting !!!!! 

06/05/2013 at 08:18

Hope everyone is well, and are enjoying a bit of sunshine at last. 

Only so many times my hubbie can hear that my Achilles are on the mend, so I'm going to bore you guys aswell! 

Did a 13k without pain in the sunyesterday with a big smile on my face, and am still pain free this morning!

Whoop whoop!

06/05/2013 at 22:23

Hi Siony . That is great. My friend from work is suffering from the same thing ( as I did minimally pre London) and had a light jog today to test the water,  he said It still was not right, but is better than it was. I have told him to keep off it for 2 weeks, and then see how it feels then. However, compared to how it was , he is a lot better. Just time and patience. The day you keep off it is the day it starts to recover. Once you atart to  forget about the pain is a great tonic. It means it is improving. It hurts for a reason, the body is fantastic at rectifying itself. Give it time.

However, after a bloody lecture the fact that it is pain free, Siony, perhaprs means you can crack on with your running !!!

Really sorry about the lecture. Just want to make sure you are ok.It is so nice to run pain free !!

Take care mate.

06/05/2013 at 22:25

P.S. Sorry again about the spelling. My computer has never been able to spell, my mobile is even worse !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.