VLM 2012 first timers???

5,321 to 5,334 of 5,334 messages
06/04/2014 at 08:00

Hi all. Just got back on here after a hell of a busy couple of weeks. How are we all doing ? Nothing wrong with that strategy Pip. I don't know if this will help, but it is worth googling Jeff Galloway and his run/walk strategy. To me it makes a lot of sense. Esp if you are struggling a little. My attitude is still the same. Go out to enjoy it and take in the atmosphere. You don't have to go out and run it at a 100 miles an hour. Sure. We all want to improve, but as we have said, anyone who runs a marathon is a winner.  It doesn't really matter. i would love to do a PB, but my handicap is having run a marathon already 4 weeks ago. I am taking it as it comes. You should do the same. You will find by having walking breaks you will take in more of the atmosphere and surroundings. Forget about times. If you can do that now you will take so much pressure off yourself. You can go into this with a relaxed attitude and say' I am going to enjoy this' If I am going to walk then so be it !! Who cares. Don't forget the old piece of advice I threw your way a while back. Walk because you want to, not because you have to !!  A Hal Higdon statement !! and absolutely right !! Hope to hear from you soon PIP.Let me know how you are doing !! and everyone else !!

07/04/2014 at 13:33

Hi Kiwi will definately google that.  Another problem now, my mum was taken in to hospital last night,  So providing she is getting better I will be standing at the start.  Scared but excited.

12/04/2014 at 09:05

Hi all

vlm trailers started on TV and give me goosebumps!

will be watching and cheering you on 

have a fab run x

12/04/2014 at 16:10

Hi had to take the decision to pull out of London with mum being so poorly.  It is disappointing but at the end of the day there will be other marathons and I have only one mum.  Times are difficult at the moment,  Will enter the ballot again for next year who knows it could be three in a row !! or will try a different one Brighton may be anyone know of any flat ones.  Good luck to all running.  You will be brilliant.

12/04/2014 at 16:31

Oh pip sorry to hear this, take care and hope everything turns out well. 

As for flat marathons Manchester is meant to be the flatters uk marathon, if I don't get into London again next year that will be my back up. 

12/04/2014 at 17:51

Hope your mum is ok pip- big hugs x

12/04/2014 at 22:38

Pip - thinking of you. Hope your mum is on the road to recovery. Xxxxxx

14/04/2014 at 21:55

Hi all. Sorry to hear that PIP. Always more. At least you have run London. How did everyone go ???????????????????

15/04/2014 at 07:31
Hi how did you all get on ??
18/04/2014 at 23:28

Hi PIp. Ran 2.43, so will take that.

I think as we are still hoping to run marathons, we should keep this site up and running. What does everyone else think ? I have championship starts for the next 2 London marathons, will be running the Barnstaple marathon in September too.

We have  had runners do both Brighton and Manchester Pip, and totally recommended both. Food for thought !!

19/04/2014 at 05:41

Any thoughts on chester marathon kiwi, I'm giving that some serious thought for October?

19/04/2014 at 17:15

Hi bigeater- Chester is likely on the cards for me. My Achilles didn't settle in time for Liverpool ( well, not to allow adequate training to get  a good time

well done Kiwi- i can only dream of a 2:43- did you spot mo?

How's your mum Pip?

Hope you all have a great Easter x

19/04/2014 at 18:09
Hi all well done Kiwi Things not great here with mum so havent run for a bit. I definately want to keep this forum going. Will try for London ballot place again. If I dont get in will be finding another one to do. Going to enter Cardiff half in the autumn. Hi Siony and bigeater.
Yesterday at 09:08

Siony- have you did chester before? Also thinking loch Ness marathon in September, that would be easier as it falls on a local holiday here so would be off work on the Monday and kids off school so could come and support me but chester is my preferred choice but would probably have to just go myself. 

Pip- sorry to hear your mum is still poorly, hope things get better soon for you x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5,321 to 5,334 of 5,334 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.