VLM 2012 first timers???

5,421 to 5,434 of 5,434 messages
22/02/2015 at 14:48

Hi again Pip. Yes, the book is still on going. The first chapter is with the proof reader as we speak and I waiting to hear back and then I can sort out all the corrections. it is still in it's infancy but there is no rush. Jo , my proof reader has a couple of daughters so is doing it for me when she can fit it in around  her family life. I would rather take time over it than rush it out. She is also very reasonable, so that is a bonus financially.

Got out for 18 miles with a couple of running buddies today. So another long mileage box ticked. Will hit the track Tuesday for some 800 metre reps . You ok ?

15/03/2015 at 16:35

Anyone there !!

22/03/2015 at 22:06

I am here where is everyone ?

23/03/2015 at 20:06

Hi PIp.

It is quiet here. How are you anyway ? All good ?

23/03/2015 at 23:57

H i Kiwi I am fine up and running now.  Asthma is hopefully settling, How is marathon training going ?

10/04/2015 at 23:40

Hi PIP. Sorry again to be so long on getting back here. Jst busy. I do always come back on to see who is about. Marathon training is going well. Had a half marathon tune up race a couple of weeks ago and everything was on target for London. Only 2 weeks to go. I got my last long run on board on Easter Monday. 20 miles @ 6.18 pace, so if a litle too quick for a long run it still ticked all the right boxes. Taper time now. Hit the track last night and did 7x800 metres. 12-13 miles this weekend for a long run. Our local Taunton marathon and half marathon is n this weekend so will watch that too.    

Good to hear your asthma is better. What is ext for you ??

11/04/2015 at 16:52

Hi Kiwi

Glad the training is going well.  Thank goodness I am up and running regularly now.  Going to do Llanelli 10k in june or july.  Have also signed up to do a 26mile bike ride  But must admit I find running much easier......trying to fathom out the correct use of gears !!  Will be doing a few 10ks and then Cardiff half ...which reminds me must enter for that.  I will be trying for London via the ballot ....just want to do it one more time

wonder what every one else is doing.?  bit sad that its just us...but at least we keep this forum going.  Must be the longest running one ever ! 

11/04/2015 at 20:11

Hi guys, still like to check here to see what's happening. Well Manchester marathon next Sunday for me and looking forward to it. Training has went well and did a HM in March in 1.32.58 so got good confidence for a sub 4 marathon.

Glad to hear you're running well pip andI'll try the ballot again, might be six time lucky!!

14/04/2015 at 22:24

Hi again Pip and Bigeater. Good luck for Manchester Bigeater.. A sub 4 is certainly on the cards with your half time you ran. I have forgotten PIp. Have you run Cardiff before ?

It sounds as if you are both on track with your aims.  We will always keep the thread open. I don't always get on here regularly, but I always will be here regardless. Must make more of an effort. Catch you both very soon on here. Keep up the good work

Kiwi

24/04/2015 at 19:56

Hi guys, just a wee update to let you know Manchester went well and to plan I got a time of 3.38.45 which I'm absolutely delighted with. Good course and well organised and a race I can see growing over the next few years. 

Hope everyone is well. 

24/04/2015 at 22:46

Hi all. That is a great time Bigeater. Well run. No wonder you are happy !! London Sunday. Heading off tomorrow early. Hi PIP !!!

01/05/2015 at 16:49

oooo well done Bigeater brilliant time.  Wonder how Kiwi got on in London ?

01/05/2015 at 21:38

Hi PIP. 2.40, so very happy with that. Big head for me !!!!!!!! LOL !!!!

01/05/2015 at 21:39

Really well done Bigeater. That is a cracking time and well up to standard..Well run.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5,421 to 5,434 of 5,434 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.