VLM 2012 first timers???

5,461 to 5,471 of 5,471 messages
26/01/2016 at 18:11

Hi all. Always nice to see the odd post on this thread. Hope you are all well. 

Back to Manchester for me this year, training going well and up to 18 miles on the long run. I've got a HM on 21/02 and another HM on 20/03 so enough to keep me busy. 

27/01/2016 at 07:54

Hi Bigeater ooo lots of running with you then ? I can only dream of 18 miles at the moment.  When is Manchester ? I am going to try for London next year I want to do it one more time, just to prove to myself I can . Just short runs for me at the moment then on to a training plan for Swansea .? really looking forward to that.

Speak soon ???????

27/01/2016 at 12:05

Hi pip, Manchester is 10/04 so only 10 weeks from this weekend. I'll feel better prepared when I have the first 20 miler done. 

I'll be trying for London next year also, don't hold out much hope but who knows it may be my lucky year!!

31/01/2016 at 21:56

Keep trying Bigeater. You never know. 2 people here I run with got in by the ballot. Well done on the 18 miles. When is Swansea Pip ? 

31/01/2016 at 22:26

Hi Kiwi

Swansea half is in June.  So loads of time.  I feel so unfit even though I ride three times a week and walk a lot .  But I suppose it's going to take a  bit of time. 

07/02/2016 at 22:24

Sure. Just take your time PIp. As you say you have plenty of time to get up to speed. Unlike the marathons it is not so time consuming and as big a schedule.Just be careful. I have just been facebook messaging a runner I know who was supposed to run a marathon today, but has overdone it ( after being told not to) and ended up with pes planus ( collapsed arches) !! 

Did you say you will try for London again next year ?

07/02/2016 at 22:53

Hi Kiwi

Yes going to try for London next year. I enjoyed the training, but probably had a lot to do with the fun and advice and occasiinal good humoured tellings off from yourself that we had on this forum.

."That's must be so disappointing and frustrating for your running friend.  Have you had notification about these special shirts they are doing for everyone who has done London.

08/02/2016 at 21:58

No I haven't PIp. Where was this ?

08/02/2016 at 22:30

I got sent an email from virgin London marathon go on the website it's a ' one in a million shirt ' I am getting one.

Yesterday at 23:02

Ok PIp. Will have a look.

Yesterday at 23:04

You on Facebook Kiwi ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5,461 to 5,471 of 5,471 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.