VLM 2012 Outsiders Thread

For anyone who doesn't fit anywhere else

321 to 340 of 648 messages
03/02/2012 at 08:40
Oh and BTW the Cutty Sark will be back in its righful place this year!
03/02/2012 at 11:36
By jingo it's cold!!

Looking at detailed weather forecast for tomorrow - snow is coming.

Early run tomorrow in thermals looks favourite. Now whos been eating my porridge??
03/02/2012 at 15:02

I'm glad I washed my Helly Hansen!

Gues who just bought a new bottle and running top? Was tempted to get a neon pink hat but resisted

03/02/2012 at 15:29
I got a neon pink Ron Hill hat for christmas  - matches my face when I'm running
03/02/2012 at 16:24
minardi wrote (see)
I got a neon pink Ron Hill hat for christmas  - matches my face when I'm running

Yeah, that was the exact one - I think that's one of the reasons I decided against it, my face can do without the added glow 
03/02/2012 at 16:29
I'm tempted to get one now.
03/02/2012 at 16:46
Maybe we should all get one - solidarity!
03/02/2012 at 16:54
03/02/2012 at 18:53
Snow panic made me do my long run last night- 16 miles- coldest wind I've ever run into - wiped my post Canterbury 10 run smile right off my face!
04/02/2012 at 18:03

Well done Siony - did you run 16 miles in the dark? You are made of stern stuff. I did my 16 miles this morning - before it started snowing here. Blimmin freezing. My poor bum actually hurt with the cold, and now my face is burning! But I did it and am quite proud because I SO didn't want to leave the house this morning. Tomorrow I get to stay in bed and drink tea while watching the snow and feeling virtuour, and laughing at my old man who is supposed to go for a run in the morning. But given the weather, maybe nobody is running tomorrow.

Enjoy the snow.

04/02/2012 at 20:52
Only 10 for me today but it was in the cold, dark and wet as I had a meeting all day.

No snow here but snow on the hills just out of town!

We should all get Ron hill hats and have "Outsiders" printed on them!!!
04/02/2012 at 22:01
Well done QSS, I did the same, got the 16 miles done before the snow came. Up at 6.00am and minus 6.5 degrees but worth it.

Looking at the snow outside I can now spend tomorrow doing naff all.

Today's run was pretty good. Had Garmin problems - battery drains really quick so I tried pacing without too much glancing at my wrist. Went by instinct. At 13 miles I was only 30sec outside my half marathon PB! But felt pretty good though, and kept up the pace and got the 16 miles done in just under 3 hours. Pretty pleased with that as a long run.

Tired now though. Hot water bottle time!

Happy running & keep smiling.
05/02/2012 at 16:09
Liking the ideas about the Ron Hill hats! It's so cold outside.

Sounds like you have all been prepared and did your long runs before the snow

Wow leedslass thats a good time!

Have had a reasonable week with a good tempo run on Weds and speed session on Fri but so gutted was meant to do my 1hr 45min run today but have been thwarted by the snow we never normally get much so thought I'd be ok but its about 6 inches.

Might try and squeeze in an extra run this week, hope the snow goes away fast! (Unless it is enough for the hubby to have a snow day hahaha)

Hope you all have a good week!
06/02/2012 at 08:15

That's the one Sacco!

mitiog wrote (see)
We should all get Ron hill hats and have "Outsiders" printed on them!!!

Ha ha, great idea

Like Bellabee I too was thwarted by snow yesterday -  as you know, I was going to walk instead but it was too deep even to do that  - well I tried and got about 100 yards - so I had to resort to plan C instead and did 22k on the bike indoors - that was all I could manage before my bum went totally numb and I had to get off. Still my calves are quite sore this morning so it must have been some use.

Well done to everyone who did get out on Saturday - you are hardcore!

06/02/2012 at 08:43

I did 20 miles in the snow yesterday. I felt like Bear Grylls

I'm so glad my OH suggested I wear her sealskinz socks otherwise it would have been much more unpleaseant.

06/02/2012 at 08:44
I love the the hat idea by the way
06/02/2012 at 09:07

Twenty miles in the snow! Sacco - I am in awe. Hope you still have your fingers, toes and other vital bits this morning.

I have day's holiday today and by a miracle the kids' schools are open so I plan lunch out with the old man, and  will maybe try a cross country run later on - still snowy and icy here, but above freezing so more slippy slush too.

06/02/2012 at 09:25
I was a less awe inspiring sight by the end of it though.
06/02/2012 at 09:25
Nice one Sacco! Wow!
06/02/2012 at 10:21
Well done Sacco! Have 2 days holiday and just my luck a head cold! V grumpy ! Think I'll go for a brisk walk with my camera
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.