VLM 2012 Outsiders Thread

For anyone who doesn't fit anywhere else

81 to 100 of 648 messages
13/11/2011 at 14:30
wow - good time siony, well done
13/11/2011 at 20:01
well done siony - fab time
13/11/2011 at 20:14
Thanks guys- couldn't have gone round twice though! Think I may need to develop an interest in energy gels next!
14/11/2011 at 08:30

Hi all, 

Welcome to Shedboy and Siony *waves*

Hope you enjoyed the Sodbury Slog, Chimney, and that you've managed to get all the mud off - I bet your skin is peachy this morning 

Sorry to hear about your IT band Minardi, what a bugger, hope it settles down soon.

Well I'm quite pleased with yesterday's plod. I had a stiff neck, heavy legs and 5x minute long walk breaks but still managed 6 miles in 1.07. It was the first time I had run that far for about 18 months   and the weather was beautiful

14/11/2011 at 09:02

The weather was great in London yesterday. It took me by complete surprise because I went out in my thermal tights.

I've now clocked up enought training miles to get me to Calais, not that I can really manage it in one go or run on water.

14/11/2011 at 09:34

Welcome new people and well done a great set of weekend runs from everyone. I did 12 miles yesterday but found it really hard going and was pretty slow. It's quite a hilly route and still only 5 days after giving blood so that might have had something to do with it. I tell myself the main thing is that I did complete the run, no matter how slowly I seemed to be going so it should all help get me a bit fitter. And to spur me on I've entered a half mara in northants on Dec 18th and the Ashby 20 in March.

Siony - fab time! Know what you mean about couldn't do it twice though. When I finished my 12 yesterday I felt knacked. And a mara is more than twice as far...

14/11/2011 at 09:55

Wel done Que Sera

I think sometimes your mind somehow "knows" how far you've got to run and won't let you go any further. When I did the Reading half in 2007 I coudn't have gone another step but I'd already done 17 in training so I knew I could go futher.

Phew - you must have been boiling Sacco. I was out at 8 and coming back the sun felt really warm.

Sacco di Noci wrote (see)

I've now clocked up enought training miles to get me to Calais, not that I can really manage it in one go or run on water.

Give it time......

14/11/2011 at 12:45
Don't forget you'l run the mara at perhaps a min per mile slower than half pace Panic not all - you'll get there....
15/11/2011 at 00:43

Hi All,

Some excellent training/races going on at the weekend.

Siony, I'm with Scream. Whether I do a 10K, 10m, HM etc I ' Feel ' like I've gone as far as I can. Though as mitiog says the shorter runs are done at a pace I couldn't keep up for a marathon. Yet.

minardi, best wishes for your recovery. VLM is a long way off. Take your time.

The Slog was odd.  I'd gone out very fast because I wanted to get to the mud before 1000 other people had gone through it and knew that I would pay for it later in the race. After two miles I felt finished. I wasn't going very fast by then and it just seemed like so much hard work. Ok, so I hadn't approached it well physically or mentally as it was ' Just a bit of fun ' but feeling so drained after only two miles was quite disturbing. Yes there was a fair amount of mud, ditches to run along, fields to cross etc but even so........ When I saw the results tonight though it kinda explained why I'd felt like that. I came in 170th out of 996 finishers which is punching well above my weight. My speed dropped but the perceived effort level stayed the same. Didn't go for a run today as my calves are completely blown  

Gentle jog with the dogs tomorrow. I may even wimp out of hills and go along the canal.....

15/11/2011 at 08:17

Wow, brilliant fnishing position Chimney, well done!

15/11/2011 at 08:48
Wow Chimney, that's fab
15/11/2011 at 09:42
Fabtastic Chimney - what a great run (I meant to type fantastic, but fabtastic works too).
15/11/2011 at 11:08
Yes I think "fabtastic" sums it up quite well Que Sera
15/11/2011 at 12:22

Thanks all. Like Fabtastic.

Down to earth with a bump today, literally. 4 miles at 10 m/m pacing. Should have looked where I was going though and not at the deer peering at me from behind a tree. Tripped over a root in the wood and went sliding through the mud on my belly. Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a bridlepath. You could tell it was a bridlepath and horses had been along it recently. Smelled lovely........

Calves still a bit tight but felt so much better for getting a stretch.  

Got another cross country race on Sunday, Avebury 8. I will be going fairly easily. Honest. I'm only doing it for the wonderful hand-thrown mug you get as a momento!

Been looking at that Hadd training. Thinking about doing it until I start the 'official ' training and see what the results are.

15/11/2011 at 15:19

* holds nose and keeps downwind of Chimney*

15/11/2011 at 16:58
Chimney the slog sounded great fun
There is something about running a race just for the fun of it that sometimes surprises you at what you can achieve.
My new mizunos are bright pink and desperately in need of a muddy run!
Hope everyone is having a good week and all in good working order
16/11/2011 at 15:12

hello

can i join you guys - as the title says i dont fit anywhere else

my story

2011 was my 1st marathon - london - raised 2.5k for phab kids - got a bad foot injury and limped in at a time of 6:12mins

havent been on runners world since

been trying for a baby since april - nothing - gutted

broke my foot in august - got discharged from the physio clinic yesterday

started bootcamp lost 11lb in a month put it all back on the following - still going

got rejected from the ballot

won a club place last night !!!!! woooooo so training starts today i have to literally start from scratch, still gonna keep trying for baby, still gonna go bootcamp but more positive about everything today!

think im gonna run for Crimestoppers as i am a special constable and will give a bit of money to my hubbys U8 football team as they need kits and footballs

16/11/2011 at 16:31
Hello Muppley and congratulations on that club place .  What will you do if you get lucky babywise?  Welcome back to RW!
16/11/2011 at 16:42
minardi wrote (see)
Hello Muppley and congratulations on that club place .  What will you do if you get lucky babywise?  Welcome back to RW!

We could form an Outsiders relay team and take turns carrying her throught the race

16/11/2011 at 16:50
Oh, and hello Muppley, welcome to the Outsiders
81 to 100 of 648 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.