VLM 2012 Outsiders Thread

For anyone who doesn't fit anywhere else

121 to 140 of 648 messages
21/11/2011 at 11:01

The only upside to my cold is that I can annoy other people in my office with my coughing and sneezing.

By the way the Garmin cleverness isn't mine, I just plug my watch into my computer and click upload.

21/11/2011 at 15:11

que sera -Like the idea of scaring walkers in the fog-

Hopes everyones colds are better soon

easy run for me yesterday- never thought i would say "just 17K"

Going to try 14 miles this week- all being well

Need to find some new routes- developed an unhealthy interest in my car odometer!

21/11/2011 at 21:51
Well my 12 miles was definitely not like Sacco's!!! The 14% hill was actually a 20% hill (it had one of those wedge-shaped road signs telling me it was 20%...) but hey the view from the top was worth all the huffing puffing. I did jog the first third maybe but walked the rest. It was a good excuse to take on more water, honest!!! Did my 12 miles a bit faster than last week and considering the nasty hill I was well pleased with that.

400's at club tonight...10 secs faster than a month ago. Getting back into the swing of regular training is helping lots and a few people have started noticing the weight loss. I haven't got on the scales yet but apparently I look like I've lost weight. Hmmmmm.

Siony, it's amazing how the miles add up - a new member of our club was saying how she'd only ever run 3 miles before and I was saying how I couldn't even run a mile 3 years ago and 15 months later I did a marathon. It's amazing how we adapt to training. Hope you get to find some good routes. I have my favourites but it's good to go new places.
22/11/2011 at 09:17
I still haven't tackled anything longer than a half. I'm telling myself I'm doing "base training" until the new year. It makes it all sound less daunting for the moment.
22/11/2011 at 14:42

morning

well my marathon training has officially started

have had to invest in a full foot and ankle support to make sure my ankle is fully supported after the break

i have had my running club coach draw me up a plan and it has me down as:-

mon, wed & fri - bootcamp

tues - running club

thurs & sat - runs

sun - long run

22/11/2011 at 14:54

I'm concerned that there's no rest day in your schedule Muppley.

You don't want to end up injured again

23/11/2011 at 10:27

yeah i know sat is a 2-4 mile easy so really i could just miss that out if needed

had my 1st running club session in 10weeks last night - ankle was strapped up pretty well

ended up doing a really hard 7 mile session which incorporated long runs short reps and hills - feeling it today!

23/11/2011 at 16:10

Ok - make sure you don't overdo it Mupps.

Walked for an hour yesterday lunchtime and half an hour back from a shopping trip today, followed by walking up 16 flights of stairs (that was unplanned!)

Looks like I may have to run at silly o'clock tomorrow. I am working offsite and will be on my feet all day instead of sitting at a PC so I know I won't be in any fit state to do it afterwards. I remember standing up all day in heels when I was younger (!) I don't know how I did it but I do know why I was slimmer then

Just planned my route for the weekend's 8 miler. I couldn't avoid a slope right at the end but overall it isn't too bad.

Yeaaaah, bring it on!!!!!!!

27/11/2011 at 17:07
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've not been too well this week, so not done very much on the running front. Incredibly tired and run-down. Work crazy and I'm not sleeping much (so much for RW saying marathoners need more sleep - try telling that to my body!)

Hopefully get to club Monday night. 2 weeks til project deadline and 2 weeks til 10K so busy fortnight ahead
27/11/2011 at 20:21
Good intervals yesterday- sore as hell today!
Hope you feel better soon mitlog
28/11/2011 at 14:39

Sorry to hear that Mitiog. I'm still coughing and spluttering too, but thought I'd better get a move on anyway, so I've been on a 10 mile run at the weekend and went out for a short one this a.m. Hoping that running might help it to clear quicker.

How did your run go Screamy?

28/11/2011 at 20:40

Hi all,

Running at 6 in the morning on Thursday was a bit of a shock to the system. Saturday's 8 miler was hard - I never seemed to get my breathing right and  I was in need of a jelly baby in the last mile so have ordered some in my next grocery shop.

Legs felt ok though

Mitog, Que Sera - hope you feel better soon.

30/11/2011 at 08:52
Oh great. I have developed a cough
30/11/2011 at 09:00

Poor Screamy I hope it's not the lurgy that's been going around.

I'm only shaking mine off now. I have't run in a week and half.

30/11/2011 at 10:56

I think I caught it from my mum - she's had hers for 4 weeks

I feel like someone has poured itching powder down my throat this morning and it always gets worse at night so I'm thinking I will have to stay indoors and stick to the stationary bike until next week. No other cold-type symptoms though which is good - I don't like feeling groggy.

I'm off to the chemist for some cough medicine at lunchtime - yeuch! 

Eating chocolate always helps though so I suppose it's an excuse to do that  for a few days. Mmmmm......

Still, this is why I always start training early, it helps factor in the three "I's" - illness, injury and ice!

02/12/2011 at 13:08
Feelin' a bit better Work still crazy though. Am eating wayyyy too much chocolate. And mini-stollen bites from Lidl.

Did 4x1mile efforts with 3mim jog recoveries in the wind and rain last night. Averages 10:45 on the miles...anyone want to hazard a guess at what pace I could do for a 10K? The efforts weren't flat out..more tempo pace but given the weather I was pretty pleased with them.

Screamy hope you are feeling better. Sacco, are you back running yet?
02/12/2011 at 13:26

I'm holding off until Sunday when I can do my long run. I'm feeling a lot better though

I hope everybody is back to full strength soon.

(I'm so tempted http://shop.outofprintclothing.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=b-1030)

02/12/2011 at 13:46

Hope everyone is recovering. I did my 'long' run this morning, as am on my own with kids over the weekend so I won't be able to get out. It was beautiful weather but I felt quite tired at the end of 10 miles. I'm supposed to do a half in a fortnight - that could go spectacularly wrong I feel.

Right - better get back to work. Wishing good running and ehalthy bodies to all

02/12/2011 at 15:18

Ooh cool t-shirt Sacco - love it

I've just impulse-bought a dress without trying it on - that's not like me at all usually but there was 20% off - I can always take it back

Thanks for the healthy vibes Qur Sera - I could certainly do with some! Haven't run this week and have rellies down for the weekend so it looks as if I won't get a long run in. Still, it will give my cough a chance to go away - it hasn't been as bad as some I've had I'm relieved to say - or perhaps it's because I've eaten my bodyweight in chocolate this week  - such a naughty Screamy

The mini stollen bites sound yum mitiog - pass some this way

My maths is crap but I think that should be about 1.02, 1.03 for a 10k - feel free to correct me anybody.

02/12/2011 at 15:31

I can't do maths, so I used this http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml

I reckons a 10:45 min/mile pace is 1 h 6m 10k.

121 to 140 of 648 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.