VLM Ballot is open

1 to 20 of 30 messages
29/04/2013 at 08:17

Good luck everyone

Pudge    pirate
29/04/2013 at 09:05

I agree David.  It hasn't stopped me putting my name into the hat though!

29/04/2013 at 09:10

I have no idea why I entered. Answers on a postcard please....

29/04/2013 at 09:26

I entered. It seemed like a good idea at the time, well past midnight with several drinks inside me and nothing but work to look forward to.

29/04/2013 at 09:37

Eeeeek! I've just entered as well! Considering my luck though I reckon I've got more chance of winning the euro lottery

29/04/2013 at 09:49

I am in..... was I a twat to donate my entry fee??

29/04/2013 at 09:57
SideBurn wrote (see)

I am in..... was I a twat to donate my entry fee??

Yes. And so was I. I seriously cannot tell you what I was thinking at 8.15 this morning  :-S 

seren nos    pirate
29/04/2013 at 09:59

I did three entries.none of them donated....i was tempted to put one in for david as well 

29/04/2013 at 10:08

Side - no because theres an extra draw to con ...er sorry to incentivise you to bequith your fee of 1000 places

I dont agree with it but thats the way it is. Theres precious few place in the ballot anyway. So its like having a ballot thats free to enter and another ballot you have to pay to get into ?

The event is all about money now and I can honestly see the day no one just wanting to run a marathon will get in. When this was the FLM there was a system in place that if you got rejected 5 years on the run you got in authomatically, I got in that way once. But thats been stopped now 

Pudge    pirate
29/04/2013 at 10:22
seren nos wrote (see)

I did three entries.none of them donated....i was tempted to put one in for david as well 

Were they all for you Seren?  If so, what happens if you are successful under someone else's name?  I.e. Will they need to attend the expo to pick up the number themselves, or can you collect it 'on their behalf'?

29/04/2013 at 10:36

You can go get someone elses number but I think you need to take a signed letter from them (well used to be the case anyway)

29/04/2013 at 11:35

And.... it's closed.

seren nos    pirate
29/04/2013 at 12:11
Pudge wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

Were they all for you Seren?  If so, what happens if you are successful under someone else's name?  I.e. Will they need to attend the expo to pick up the number themselves, or can you collect it 'on their behalf'?

only one for me Pudge.one for hubby and one for my son....... would not run under someones else number for London...

Pudge    pirate
29/04/2013 at 12:23
seren nos wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

only one for me Pudge.one for hubby and one for my son....... would not run under someones else number for London...

Any particular reason why not?

29/04/2013 at 12:25
Pudge wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

Yeah, it's not allowed!

Pudge    pirate
29/04/2013 at 12:28
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

Yeah, it's not allowed!

No, I get that Schmunks!! Just the way that Seren suggested that she would for other races but specifically not for London?

Rafiki    pirate
29/04/2013 at 12:35
Edited: 29/04/2013 at 12:37
jel
29/04/2013 at 12:55

Why all the downers about getting in? I got in twice in three years via the ballot a few Years back so don't assume it will be negative! Good luck!

jel
29/04/2013 at 13:35

Completed entry form at 11.30am. It appeared to be accepted but have not received confirmation email yet. Should I be worried?

29/04/2013 at 14:42

jeezus that was quick - ballot's already closed!!

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 14:43
1 to 20 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.