VLM Fee

8 messages
25/04/2013 at 13:12

Anyone here get in through ballot ?

I notice when applying you dont have to include any payment details. When do you have to pay the fee ? once the Acceptance mag comes out ?

25/04/2013 at 13:36

If you don't pay up front, you will get a payment notice with your "congratulations" magazine in October.  You have a few weeks to pay it, if you don't do it in time you will lose your place.

25/04/2013 at 13:40

Was very suprised that I wasn't asked to pay upfront when I entered a few weeks ago on the 5 rejections and in scheme. It prompted me to bequeath, but that made no sense as I knew I would be accepted

25/04/2013 at 14:49

Stutyr

Thiught that would be the case as when I applied last year online it never mentioned payment

25/04/2013 at 16:44
musketeer wrote (see)

Was very suprised that I wasn't asked to pay upfront when I entered a few weeks ago on the 5 rejections and in scheme. It prompted me to bequeath, but that made no sense as I knew I would be accepted

I thought the 5 rejections had been banished ? This year will be my 5th attempt at trying to get in. Did you just manage to qualify under the ld rules ? Just curious at to know when you were rejected, just in case i am missing out on an opportunity here

25/04/2013 at 17:50

They stopped the '5 rejection and your in on your 6th application' rule a few years back, but said they would honour the agreement for a few more years. I think 2014 London Marathon will be the last year the rule will be appled!

seren nos    pirate
25/04/2013 at 17:52

if you already had 2 rejections then you were allowed to keep on the scheme.closed to new applicants :0

what is this about the ballot.didn't think it was open yet

25/04/2013 at 17:59
Fenn wrote (see)

They stopped the '5 rejection and your in on your 6th application' rule a few years back, but said they would honour the agreement for a few more years. I think 2014 London Marathon will be the last year the rule will be appled!

ah, 2014 will be my 5th attempt, so if unsuccessful will miss out by one year ! Have to hope for a bit of luck this time round !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.