VLM runner tracking

6 messages
19/04/2012 at 13:00

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is anyway of tracking a runner in the Lonodn marathon? I have read lot's about an adidas tracker that doesn't appear to still be going and some other bits but there is nothing definite.

If anyone knows of anything i would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Kerry

19/04/2012 at 13:05
If you go to the Virgin London Marathon site, you'll be able to put the runner's number in and track them that way. It will only work on Sunday though
19/04/2012 at 13:13
Yep as above, but most smart phones also have the capability nowadays or if you wanted to spend money, Garmin sell a GTU10 tracker for around £180 from Currys
19/04/2012 at 13:17

Thanks, i'll try the website.

I'm not looking to spend any money but i did try google lattitude on my phone which works well when it's open but not when i have it closed or even when my phone is locked. I thought it would still go in the background but it appears not.

Is there a better way on your phone?

19/04/2012 at 13:18
Here is the lnk to the page I think, though it is not active yet:

http://results-2012.virginlondonmarathon.com/2012/
19/04/2012 at 13:20
Thank you!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.