VLM Support Group 7

Mudchute Live 17 April

81 to 100 of 161 messages
13/04/2011 at 22:00
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Location of Support Group*

* Please note these are older images, we are relocated to the other side of the road!  WE WILL BE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE AFTER THE ZEBRA CROSSING, which is immediately after the water station, not on the left as shown in the following images.

Its also worth mentioning that with 1000's of runners coming past for hours and hours its almost impossible for us to spot you.  You need to know where we will be and look out for us

The support groups will be lined up along the railing in number order, in the image below you will be coming from the right, you can see us just after the water station (Vittel banners).

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/Gallery/VLM1_1.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/Gallery/VLM2_1.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/Gallery/VLM3_1.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/Gallery/VLM4_1.jpg

Remember, we will be on the right hand side

And a link to the weather for Sunday

14/04/2011 at 04:11

Hi Guys,

I believe that you have drawn the short straw and now have me in your group.

I don't think I'll be at the expo till 1pm ish on Saturday as reliant on a coach to get me there.

Is there any point me leaving stuff at expo or is it too late?

Who shall I send my info too? Do you want a pic with it or shall I post one on here?

14/04/2011 at 07:43

***UPDATE****

I must  confess Sister Bad Habit and Gillymac, but I have been a little naughty and have told you the wrong race number

Correct race number is................... 3143

14/04/2011 at 10:00
Tony, you are a bad boy and I may have to spank you lol!!

Welcome Sioux! Saturday collections from the expo are being done about two so you should be fine to leave stuff you can either post the info we need in the thread here or PM it to me and Gillymac completely up to you x
14/04/2011 at 10:11

Hi,

RW web avatar is Wiggrun,

aka Wiggy / Wiggs in the real World, nobody bothers with my first name any more

26232 is the number on my vest.

time to 17 miles - around 2hrs20, depends on start delay.

Green club vest, red shorts, maybe black baseball cap ( stands out quite well )

Requests - a cheer, ( make that a roar ) a wave, I might slow down to say hello as I refuel.

See you all sunday, and thank you for doing it, it's good to see the support that's out there. I know my  parents will be around the course in places, an extra cheer at mile 17 will help massively.

14/04/2011 at 12:35
Afternoon all,

I'm getting all emotional about VLM now 'cos I keep having to talk about why I do it. Tomorrow will be even worse as it's the media fest and I'll be up with the lark and not back home until late evening with just a couple of hours sometime in the afternoon to escape to the Expo. It's all worth it for the charity though

Thanks to you guys for organising this for us. It really makes a difference to see some friendly faces when things get tough.
14/04/2011 at 12:44
Redhead wrote (see)
 It really makes a difference to see some friendly faces when things get tough.

By the sounds of it the only thing we'll see at mile 17 is the sight of Tony the Tash being spanked by Sister Bad Habit .  I wanted to remember my first VLM but certainly not for this reason

14/04/2011 at 13:08
BLimey, I might choke on my Jaffa cake. Dropped off some cash today.
14/04/2011 at 13:11
Now there's no need to feel left out there's plenty of spanks available for all!!

Redhead I know exactly what you mean - I did London two years ago and the peeps I got hugs and support from off these forum support groups then made such a big difference to me, its the reason I've been the other side of the fence last year and this xx

If anyone's going to the expo tomorrow, I'll be at the runners world stand for a collection about quarter to five, five o'clock ish if you wanna come say hi
14/04/2011 at 13:38

((((RH)))) hugs redhead, just keep focused on the end result, lots of publicity and funds for your charity

Don't worry, I'll be ready with the heimlich maneuver for spanking enduced choking!!

14/04/2011 at 14:12
Grrr Gilly our printer has packed up if I email you the spready on Saturday would you have time to print it and bring with you?
14/04/2011 at 14:38

Risking another spanking Is the map above designed with the ladies in mind?

I know my OH still doesn't know her left from her right!

14/04/2011 at 14:49

Will be packing tonight! Getting all excited.

Trainers, socks, suspenders, shorts, t-shirt, contact lenses, shades, hat, suncream, fannypack, safety pins, blister plasters, jelly babies...

14/04/2011 at 15:34
No probs SBH, just email it over. 
14/04/2011 at 15:34
fannypack remains one of those great colloquialisms - always makes me smile
14/04/2011 at 16:11

Afternoon all - all well I hope!

expo last night and 3.6 mile gentle run at lunchtime

14/04/2011 at 17:13

afternoon team

I have left a carbo bar @ expo with my forun name and race number on it

ta muchly

14/04/2011 at 18:12
Sister Bad Habit wrote (see)
Grrr Gilly our printer has packed up if I email you the spready on Saturday would you have time to print it and bring with you?

If you want, I am happy to laminate if it's mailed to me.  I can then bring it with me on Sunday
14/04/2011 at 19:25

Yo Legless!!!   I'm stalking you.

Ok- I'll get my info together and post it on here.

14/04/2011 at 20:36
All hail the beeeeyoooodiful list fairy thank you honey that would be fabulous xxx
81 to 100 of 161 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.