VLM training - 5 sessions 3 days????

3 messages
01/10/2012 at 13:15
I would appreciate some advice. Just found out I have secured a place for the VLM. I have completed 2 previous marathons including VLM '11 and have a PB of 3hr 20 min. Obviously I would like to better this in April but with my third baby due in January I have made a commitment to my wife to only train 3 days per week. I have used the commute to work for training during my previous 2 marathon training cycles and often get up at 5.30am once a week to run. I am looking for advice on 5 sessions 3 days per week. My plan would be for a LSR on the weekend and then 2 days where I train early morning before work and again after work. I was thinking of 8-12 miles early at a slower pace and tempo/fartlek runs later in the day. I will aim for 45-60 miles per week I am sure some weeks I will be able to spread the sessions but would love any advice or pointers from anyone who has experienced a similar approach. Thanks Marc
01/10/2012 at 16:24

Never experienced this but could you not do more runs to or from work as that would not have as much impact on Mum and Junior? although I am guessing two of the runs would be a run to and then from work anyway - perhaps you may just have to forget PBs etc and run  

01/10/2012 at 19:25
Thats the plan Grendel3. I only live 2 miles from work but I juat do various longer routes. I plan to run to and from work two days a week. Just wondering if anyone has trained like this due to time pressures?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.