VM London Marathon 2014 - Team MacMillan

Come join the group and chat

21 to 40 of 42 messages
04/10/2013 at 12:37

How did your run go Wabbit? I was supposed to swim today but walked the dog and it had stopped raining and was really mild and I'm stuck in a windowless room all day and well - I ran instead  I am supposed to be recovering/tapering but sometimes you just have to take your chances when you get them.

04/10/2013 at 19:45

Thanks LMH - I havent been posting or come on here. Have been running but on / off though have been on for the last couple of years Did a run in Elvaston park - beautiful park. Well done, your running seems amazing XX

04/10/2013 at 20:16

If only I'd have known that you were so close EP - Elvaston is one of my regular running routes. Any races lined up before VLM?

04/10/2013 at 20:30

I thought so LMH!! I am thinking of doing Edwinstowe 10k What about you? xx

05/10/2013 at 07:12

I've got the GER next week and have just entered Portsmouth Coastal Marathon in December. When is Edwinstowe?

07/10/2013 at 21:29

Coastal Marathon - sounds undulaling Edwinstowe is in December. Cracking run, nice time of year. . .just before xmas. Good luck with GER ( . .whats that stand for . .thought I knew )) xx

08/10/2013 at 06:16

Mornin' 

Booting this thread to the top in case more Team MacMillan runners want to join!

Good luck with GER and Portsmouth, LMH.  I agree good timing just before christmas.  I am hoping to do similar but at half level not full marahon.  See how training goes.

08/10/2013 at 06:57

EP - Great Eastern Run. Portsmouth should be flat but is right on the coast so very wind exposed with some trail and I believe one section across a shingle beach.

Have you found a half Wabbit?

13/10/2013 at 07:20

6 MONTHS TODAY!

I only know that as I have received all sorts of e-mails from the charity about registering with London Marathon directly etc.....

How's everyone doing?

14/10/2013 at 06:53

Cracking half marathon for me yesterday - though the weather could have been better! Time to focus more on getting the longer runs in now. Six months seems like forever but I bet it will be here before we know it.

14/10/2013 at 16:09

Very wet half marathon yesterday, that makes 2 x HM, one 10 mile race plus a 5 mile race in the last 5 weeks. Good start to the winter training. 50 mile ultra next Saturday to get the cake eating part of the training underway.........

15/10/2013 at 06:53

Hope the weather is kind to you o4s

16/10/2013 at 20:00

I managed to get a place through the ballot at London marathon , am considering running for macmillian but can anybody tell me what they are like to run for , I already know they are a great charity through. Personal experiences , after the race are your family allowed in the recovery centre and is there showers available ? Any information would be appreciated 

16/10/2013 at 21:38

Others may have more experience with MacMillan than I however my first impressions are that they are very supportive and will do as much as they can to help you.

I can't answer specific questions you raise but why not e-mail them directly.  I am sure they will be able to answer your queries.

This is the first year I have ran for them.  Good luck and fantastic news that you will be running and raising money for a very worthy cause!

17/10/2013 at 07:12

Hi Mark, Macmillan don't have showers in the recovery centre, you're allowed to book two guests in though I have seen Mum and two children join Dad so they may be flexible with younger ones. Supporters aren't really supposed to have the food and drink but tend to get something. The volunteers are amazing and the massage just what you need at the end.

17/10/2013 at 22:34
Good Luck to all those on Team Macmillan for the forthcoming London Marathon. I ran the VLM 5 years ago to raise money for Macmillan after my mum passed away of cancer. From those experiences, I wrote a running novel, Breaking The Wall, which is out now on Amazon Kindle - also helping to raise money for Macmillan. Should you wish to read an inspirational novel during your training, and help with more fund raising, then your support would be most appreciated. Thank You.
22/10/2013 at 12:25

Mark G5:  the post race recovery centre is brilliant, from the Scouts directing you all the way [and in my case carrying my bag], to the cheerleaders cheering you down the steps, the volunteers, massage, food and drink etc.  No showers but wet wipes provided for a quick freshen up.  Just chatting to other runners and their supporters brings home to you how much Macmillan have helped so many families.  This will be my 5th consecutive year running for them...........................

29/10/2013 at 19:48

Not VLM, but i'm doing the 2014 Brighton marathon for Team Macmillan - anyone else doing that one? 

30/10/2013 at 10:51

Hello Im in VMLM 2014 and looking to run for a charity - Missus doing an ultra for fund raising next year too so I presume because I have a place I don't have to get £2k raised (will aim high but not having that kind of pressure would be good).  Going to have a good read of the links here as you all seem a nice friendly bunch

Already posted on beginners but I am confused what training prog to follow - any advice (4 runs max pw) grateful.  Gosh less than 24 weeks!!!

05/11/2013 at 11:51

Hey peeps!

Just a quick hello from another Team Macmillan runner! I was diagnosed with Melanoma in January (currently all clear) decided I wanted to pay my thanks to the brill Macmillan team.

Charlie x

21 to 40 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.