VM London Marathon 2014 - Team MacMillan

Come join the group and chat

1 to 20 of 42 messages
30/09/2013 at 19:27

Managed to secure a place in London Marathon 2014 running for Team MacMillan.

Anyone out there doing the same?

30/09/2013 at 21:00

Got a ballot place but considering running for MacMillan XX

01/10/2013 at 08:31

Got a GFA and have signed up for Macmillan - will be my 6th year in a row running for them.  OH got in on the ballot and also running for Macmillan.

01/10/2013 at 19:53

That's great news.  I was talking to them today about my place and understandably they hope people with a ballot place will also sign-up and raise money for them.  The more the merrier.

Haven't run london marathon for a number of years now but I can recall when I did run previously the MacMillan supporters en route were very vocal and plentiful which is exactly what you need.

Envious Plodder - Have you run London or other marathons before or is this the first (of many)

Old4Speed - Sounds like you are very experienced with marathon running and raising money too.  Can I book you to give me a piggy back to the finish from mile 22 please?

01/10/2013 at 20:11

I have a GFA and have run for Macmillan for the past two years - and will do so again next year. Not only is it a great cause but the support during and after the race is excellent.

01/10/2013 at 21:22

Great news LMH.  You must be a speedy chick.  Hope some of that rubs off onto me in readiness for the day!  I doubt our Paula as too much to worry about with me!

01/10/2013 at 21:41

Whenever I see a Macmillan runner I think of O4S.  

01/10/2013 at 22:11

OH is determined to run for Macmillan just to see the cheerleaders at the post race reception 

02/10/2013 at 06:54

Or old RWR  I scraped the GFA when they changed it in 2010 - but have improved a little since then. It's the tri training for me - my old legs don't cope with just running.

It's the masseurs I like to see O4S!

02/10/2013 at 08:50

Same here LMH - but the male of the species has other priorities even at the end of a marathon!

02/10/2013 at 17:39
Macmillan Cancer Support   Our wonderful supporter Michelle Thompson ran the Virgin London Marathon as part of Team MacMillan following her own cancer experience and the loss of her younger sister to cancer. You can watch her inspiring marathon story here: http://youtu.be/whRf7uynb-I We have our fingers tightly crossed for all who entered next year's London Marathon ballot. If you were lucky enough to get a place or know someone who did, join Team Macmillan and make your run count. http://www.macmillan.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising-events/event-detail/470/virginmoneylondonmarathon
02/10/2013 at 17:51

I'm running for Macmillan Cancer Support in the VMLM2014. You can find out why at bit.ly/jensmarathon

02/10/2013 at 19:28

Hi Runwabbit - this will be my first. Petrified. Havent raised money for a charity before so reckon I can ask a few favours.

LMH - hi!!!! Small world Well done on the GFA

xx

02/10/2013 at 20:34

Hi EP - it was a couple of years ago that I first did it - this will be my third VLM. Do you have a golden bond place? I have to admit I'd find raising a set (large) amount of money more stressful than the training, it's nice to know that I can just raise whatever I can manage and it's all profit for them so they're happy.

02/10/2013 at 20:57

Wow LMH!! Fab you are doing your third

I have got a place in the ballot so am very lucky. Just thought this would be the event to do some fund raising for.  Like you this time, its nice to have the luxury of raising what we can. The more I read, the more I think I would like to raise money for this charity xx 

02/10/2013 at 21:03

OK then.  Just leave all the stress of fund-raising with a golden bond place with me!   Hopefully it shouldn't be too stressful as I have a plan.  No it doesn't include raiding a bank with a balaclava and shotgun either!

02/10/2013 at 21:44

Good for you Runwabbit. Very admirable and looking forward to reading about all your successful fundraising between now and April..  .though hopefully not on Crimewatch / Interpol XX

03/10/2013 at 06:25

6 months and 10 days to go! Is it time to start carbo-loading?

03/10/2013 at 06:46

It's always time for cake RWR! I'd say that with your obvious enthusiasm you're going to go great guns at the fundraising.

Where have you been EP? I've not seen you around for years!

04/10/2013 at 05:15

Time for a run!  This isn't likely to be pretty but it has to be done! 

Cake could be on the agenda later though!

1 to 20 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.