Vote - Malcs

ASICS Target 26.2 'On a Plateau'

81 to 100 of 130 messages
08/12/2012 at 10:42

Hi Tony - I have a bit of lucozade but mainly it's water - with the occasional salt tab mixed in. I got a bit paranoid about water after marathon no. 1 so since then I've always *tried* to drink plenty. 

08/12/2012 at 12:36
Re: banners, gatland likes a bulldozer - roberts!

Not going to the rec til dec22nd. I've had a session season ticket for the last 11 years, couldn't afford it this year.
08/12/2012 at 18:29

Evening Malcs! How's today been? Got a run in or having a chilled one today?

08/12/2012 at 19:24

Chilled today RRR - running tomorrow. I help coach at my son's rugby and they have a big match tomorrow so we're getting all psyched up for that.

How has your birthday been. Loved your park run 'vote for me' T-shirts. I'm half expecting to see you on BBC news

09/12/2012 at 13:18

Hi Malcs - I hope your run goes well today, i have over done the lucozade before and it seems a waste when you throw over half away, i guess it is trial and error and worth experimenting in training

I have read little and often to stop feeling bloated and they say 500ml an hour? but we are all individuals and will differ?

Of for a coastpath run now, cheers

09/12/2012 at 14:43

Thanks Tony - yes, I'm not a waster either. I tried carrying the stuff round with me on my first London Marathon but it got hotter and hotter with every sip and in the end I had to chuck it because it was more likely to make me throw than stop me

Enjoy the coastal path - I envy you having such beautiful surroundings to run in!

09/12/2012 at 14:48

And to prove that even in the greatest of pain I still think about water conservation, here's me passing on a bottle to my son in the VLM this year. One less tripping hazard too!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/448713/gallery/vlm2012.jpg?width=350

Edited: 09/12/2012 at 14:48
09/12/2012 at 17:23

Great action shot Malcs!!

09/12/2012 at 20:20

Thanks RRR - it was a frame from a video taken by Mrs Malcs. This was the only way I could capture something that made me look like I wasn't standing still. In every other race photo I look like I'm frozen to the spot!

10/12/2012 at 10:51

So, only 3 days to go now. Running is keeping me sane though.

It's a struggle mind you as the temperatures have fallen so much. I know we don't have it so bad down here in the South East but when you're sat at a desk barely moving all day long, your core temperature drops like a stone. As a result, the prospect of stepping out in shorts and a thin running top is not one that fills you with joy!

The solution is to cover up more and so I now face the same dilemma that I'm sure every man who runs dreads - to tight or not to tight?

There may be some out there who look good when they pull on the lycra but I'm not one of them. However, if it's a choice between being cold and looking stupid I'll take the second option every time. 

So all lycra'd up there then remains one final question that I've still not been able to resolve - shorts on top or underneath? Is there a definitive answer to this or is it just down to taste? Please let me know your thoughts!

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 10:52
10/12/2012 at 13:43
good question malcs me personally Ron hill tracksters shorts underneath . . . . ?
10/12/2012 at 13:54

I'm with Tony  on this!

Malcs - Living in the South is turning you into one of us you old softie!

10/12/2012 at 15:10

Malcs - I reckon you should go with the superman look - use blue running tights and put red pants over the top!

So ... question of the day:

Star Wars or Star Trek?

10/12/2012 at 15:31

Neither - can't get that Sci-fi nonsense. Mostly because I am the least creative person in the whole world. Probably why I don't like you flourescent pink compression socks RRR. Why did I have to mention those. last night I actually slept without thinking about them!

And I wonder where my kids get their autism from!

10/12/2012 at 15:37

Thanks for all your views on the tights issue. I've been busy counting all the votes and after a couple of re-counts (just to make sure) it's come out as 2 votes to zero in favour of the 'tights over' option. That's a big relief as I had been going with this after tossing a coin.

RRR - your vote was dicounted on the grounds that it was a totally ludicrous suggestion!

[ ...a suggestion that I will ridicule in public but secretly use on my next night run ]

Hmm Star Wars or Star Trek? Tricky. Spock is awesome but then Star Wars is responsible for the greatest bad guy in film history - Jabba the Hutt (notice the correct spelling there - I know my stuff). 

So I'll go Star Wars and that's even allowing for those ridiculous teddy bears in Return of The Jedi!

10/12/2012 at 15:43

Malcs - thought you'd been gone a while. Did you need a calculator for that or was your wife there to help out?

10/12/2012 at 17:01
It was a toughy - I needed the wife, both kids and the family abacus but I got there in the end. I'm glad that this careful statistical analysis has finally put the matter to rest.
Edited: 10/12/2012 at 23:38
11/12/2012 at 09:33

Final full day today of voting today. Looking mighty wintery out there. The tights will be out today for sure. However, I will feel much more comfortable in them now that I've established the correct etiquette for combining them with shorts

At the moment I have the thermometer out on the window ledge. Only when the temeprature reaches its daily peak will I consider venturing out - I am that much of a wuus.

11/12/2012 at 12:54

It was - 5 degree in BP this morning Malcs! I'm not running till after work tonight!

11/12/2012 at 14:19

Ouch Jen. Better put the thermals on!

Eeek, I feel a bit guilty now. Just back from a glorious swift 4 miler in the park. Blue skies & sunshine 

81 to 100 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.