Vote Aaron for Target 26.2

One Man's Quest for Marathon Glory... In Paris... C'est Magnifique!

21 to 29 of 29 messages
08/12/2012 at 19:33
Hi Shady_Ady,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Snap, I was anxious about toilet stops on my half but managed to keep my hydration levels high and then stop drinking a couple of hours before hand, with regular hydration on the way I made it through without the need, but only just! Would definitely be on my stress list over double the distance. The other thing would probably be silly worries over what fuel to use when, on my half I managed to chuck back a gel before the wrong mile marker expecting imminent water to wash it down, ended up with a sticky mouth for two miles, and it through me off my pace.

It'll definitely be a test but I hope not a one off. I would like to do a few marathons and experience them in a few different countries, but it's important for me not to lose sight of the fact that a main contributor to my desire to run is to be a better father, so I wouldn't sacrifice my family time to be constantly training! So I'll probably be looking at one marathon a year with a few halfs thrown in.
10/12/2012 at 20:30

Ay up!! How's tricks? Not long now!!

10/12/2012 at 22:37
Hey Tigger, how's it going? 48hrs and it'll all be over, it'll be nice to know one way or another, it's been a fun week but I'll breathe a sigh of relief on Wednesday either way!
12/12/2012 at 11:34

Best of luck mate, was great running with you at bootcam and been a pleasure chatting with you on here!

Will be great following your progress all the way if you get it

12/12/2012 at 12:33

Indy - you can relax now. Just a short painful wait for the final result. Best of luck to you.

13/12/2012 at 09:21
Thanks Steve, and likewise to you, it's been a pleasure.
13/12/2012 at 09:23
Malcs - That sounds great but I don't think we'll be relaxing till the decisions in! Good Luck
09/01/2013 at 21:08

Hey McQueen your wanted on the original Asics thread!

Oh and Happy new year!

06/04/2013 at 17:36

Hey you!! Please will you email me buddy xx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.