Vote Clive ASICS 26.2

Target 26.2 'Busy Lifestyle' public thread

21 to 40 of 43 messages
06/12/2012 at 22:10
Malcs...you've heard about these surgeons aswell!

Clive you could exchange advice for votes!

Hope you haven't been too busy on call tonight, I really don't miss nights!
seren nos yn canu    pirate
07/12/2012 at 09:07

morning

what do you hopr to gain from the forums and what do you think you can give to the forums 

07/12/2012 at 11:26

Morning Clive,

Here is a excerpt from an email I received from an old friend this morning. Thought you and Sarah osboprne 4 might enjoy reading. Their is some recognition for the excellent work your profession does:

My main problem is I enjoyed the experiences I have had the good fortune to experience, been amazed at the treatments endured and the nursing staff that I have been blessed with that still make my eyes water with undying admiration (they were and are brilliant).

I sailed through my stays in hospital, but watched with a sense of awe at the dedication some of the poorer patients received from these multi national nurses and doctors, evidenced by their ceaseless care and attention.

Sorry about that but somebody needs to tell of the good work that is carried out daily by these men and women that don't seem to get much publicity, only the downsides are news worthy aren't they.

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 11:26
07/12/2012 at 15:12

Seren,

Thanks for the question...Whilst I've run 2 marathons, I did this with a programme that I stuck to religiously both times. I still feel a bit of a novice and there is so much to learn from others experiences, good and bad. BC was a prime example of being able to talk with like minded individuals and I felt enriched by the day. The forum allows that in a detached way. It is also a different 'social media' to FB, Twitter etc.

I had not really dipped into the forum before BC, and now I wonder why I hadn't! I have got a whole new set of friends too! Hopefully I can bring to the table my experiences, and share my thoughts/opinions too, which will help others in the same way as I feel I'm being helped. If I make anyone smile or laugh at the same time, it is worth it even more

07/12/2012 at 15:15

DS- Thanks for the message. It is so nice, but unfortunately less common to receive positive feedback from patients. Certainly the media are not interested in these stories- doesn't sell papers!

If I make someone feel better, or as part of their interactions with me satisfied, then I am doing my job properly. I think I'm doing ok most of the time

08/12/2012 at 08:36
Hi Clive. Nice meeting you at boot camp. What made you take up American football? Did you like it more than rugby? Married to an American I have to show an interest in the sport. As long as I can hold a conversation about Tim Tebow it stands me in good stead with the in-laws!
08/12/2012 at 11:58

Hi Ady, was good to meet you too at BC. The best thing about this competition is meeting so many new people, all with different stories, and also putting names to faces!

I started with american football the summer before I went to Uni- a few of the doorman in the pub i worked played and talked me into coming down. It was in the '90s when it was really popular. I also played at Uni, which was a friendlier, less nepotistic, atmosphere than the rugby team. We were the National Champions in 1994, and ! played for GB students too.

It is a different game to rugby- all explosive and certainly been hit (and hit others) far harder than when I played rugby. That was why after palying running back for 2 years I changed to defense- didn't hurt as much

Loved reading your posts- respect for having done so much. Hope you do well, and whilst will be gutted if I don't get it, will be totally behind the winners as everyone deserves it

10/12/2012 at 16:08

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/699883/gallery/pb280013.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/699883/gallery/pb280010.jpg?width=350

Santa Fun Run Sydney Harbour 2010- my first race with my son. 5k in 28 degrees, and he didn't stop once- nearly killed me 

10/12/2012 at 16:10

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/699883/gallery/p5070053.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/699883/gallery/p5070032.jpg?width=350

First triathlon- Oliver(red top) came 3rd in the under 7's race. I was 9th in the Sprint 

10/12/2012 at 16:30
All great pictures, all good memories I bet
10/12/2012 at 16:52

Nice pics

10/12/2012 at 21:36

Good evening Clive I thought I would come on here and have a look at your photos. The santa pics are great and your children look adorable.

If I dont get through to the last 5 im dressing up as santa and running the 6m santa special in sheffield on sunday

11/12/2012 at 17:56

Thanks Sarah SB and Paul...

Can you register on the day for the Santa Run? My parents have decided to come down from Aberdeen this weekend, so if don't get through may have to do some negotiation

How you bearing up? victory speech written yet??

11/12/2012 at 17:58

Love the photo's Clive.  Good luck - not long to go now!

11/12/2012 at 18:14

Hi Clive, not long now....the suspense over the next few days is going to kill me!

The Santa special is pay on the day and is only £2.50 I think to enter. Most people wear just a hat but im going to wear a full santa outfit if I dont make it through . Its run by Kimberworth.

We (maltby) have a run on boxing day (Turley trot) if you fancy that at all. People dont tend to do very well on it though due to over indulging the day before!

12/12/2012 at 10:55

All the very, very, very best of luck Clive. I won't be on the main forum near 12pm today as I've got a "stitch up" to do on a Springer Spaniel that ran into a barb wire fence! xox Caroline

12/12/2012 at 11:44

Thanks Caroline- means a lot. Hope your Springer is OK!! All the very best of luck to you too x

12/12/2012 at 11:50

Clive - you've been a true gent throughout this competition. I've said it before but I'll say it again, to do what you do amazes me. I know I couldn't (the lack of a medical degree and the years of training probably doesn't help).

Anyway best of luck with the final decision!

12/12/2012 at 12:30

Good luck Clive

13/12/2012 at 12:21

Does that mean no one got through in our category....were we all really that bad?

Santa special 11am on sunday at kimberworth?

21 to 40 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.