Vote for A.W - ASICS Target 26.2

'PB Hunter' Category

41 to 60 of 75 messages
11/12/2012 at 12:20

A.W agreed, that seems to be the normal sort of distance that is recommended. Just out of interest.... what do you run in?

Jamie why not really push the boat out and get yourself in for some decent gait analysis while you're shopping for your new pair. Always good to do from time to time.

A.W
11/12/2012 at 14:49

Wacky - Like I said I'm a bit of a trainer junkie! If you asked my girlfriend she'd say I had a pair for every day of the week!!! I'm not quite that bad though, run in Mizuno Wave Riders mainly, New Balance 890's for speed sessions and race in Saucony Fastwich.

A.W
A.W
11/12/2012 at 16:21

So today's session for me was a set of 8 x 800m reps with 1 minute recoveries. Got through 7 miles in total.

Very happy with the reps, felt hard but controlled and consistently paced. Splits were - 2.55, 2.55, 2.51, 2.49, 2.49, 2.54, 2.51 and 2.55. Felt pretty strong all the way through, so my training seems to be going in the right direction!!

A.W
11/12/2012 at 16:50
A.W wrote (see)

Wacky - Like I said I'm a bit of a trainer junkie! If you asked my girlfriend she'd say I had a pair for every day of the week!!! I'm not quite that bad though, run in Mizuno Wave Riders mainly, New Balance 890's for speed sessions and race in Saucony Fastwich.

That's why I was asking as a fellow trainer junkie .... and my wife definitely thinks the same about me but given the amount of shoes she has.... I have plenty of bargaining power left!

I used to swear by fastwitch for racing but now I'm loving my kinvara's for both training and racing all in the one shoe, probably the best trainers I've owned.

A.W
11/12/2012 at 19:54

All this shoe talk and we're missing the most important thing!

What colour are they? I hear red definitely makes you go faster!

A.W
A.W
12/12/2012 at 07:03

With this being the final morning of the vote, I just wanted to come on and thank everyone who has posted their support and voted.

I really appreciate this opportunity and your kind and inspiring words. I truly hope I can make it in to the final 5 and repay you all with a marathon performance worthy of your support.

A.W
A.W
12/12/2012 at 11:15
Its the last hour of the vote!! Nerves are shot, and all we can all do is wait and see now who the lucky 5 are!

Calmed my nerves a little with an easy 5 miles, its a bit fresh out there but a lovely day for running!
A.W
12/12/2012 at 12:31

A.W - with the voting closed now you can finally relax - well done and best of luck for the final decision!

A.W
12/12/2012 at 13:57

Thanks Malcs! Best of luck to you too!

A.W
12/12/2012 at 17:13
Aaah thanks for your comment Alex. It really has been "interesting" in every way with this whole blogging thing. I was wondering if it was actually harder than doing any marathon training!! I still think & know I'm way out if my league on the sub 3 forum but I'll definitely follow it quietly for the advice! All the bestest of luck xox
12/12/2012 at 19:11

Thanks AW, I wish you luck too. Whatever we find out tomorrow we all have some great running challenges to look forward to.

A.W
12/12/2012 at 21:24

Thanks jenf. Indeed, whatever the outcome we all still have our goals, and I have no doubt we will all achieve them!

CaroT - The biggest challenge with the forum is keeping up with the posting!!! Your not out of your league at all on sub3, those guys are way faster than both of us. Their advice and experience is priceless, and has definitely helped me.

A.W
13/12/2012 at 13:25

Congratualtions Alex, enjoy!

seren nos    pirate
13/12/2012 at 14:27

congratulations......

have fun .. keep posting

13/12/2012 at 15:57

Alex

Well done! Made up for you to get through, and interested to see what kind of programme Steve thinks up for you. Will be supporting you all the way to the start line on April 7

13/12/2012 at 15:59

Alex, congratulations mate! Don't think we met at bootcamp but looking forward to meeting Sunday...

All the best.

13/12/2012 at 16:32
Alex, brilliant. Well done. Go get that sub 3 now. Really pleased for you.
13/12/2012 at 16:49

Afternoon Alex! Thought I'd nip back on here and say hello again! Well done on getting through and I'll see you on Sunday! (Does happy dance!)

13/12/2012 at 17:58

Top man, your in! Welldone mate. Time to smash your training and crack that PB!!

Goodluck

A.W
13/12/2012 at 18:47
Thanks everyone! Sorry for not posting sooner, had the joys of xmas shopping on oxford street this afternoon!

Really looking forward to everything, so excited about it all, words can't describe! Will be posting all the ins and outs, ups and downs of the next 4 months!
A.W
41 to 60 of 75 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.