Vote for DS2 - RW Asics 26.2

Turning back time - GFA category

121 to 140 of 194 messages
09/12/2012 at 16:20
Enjoy the video
09/12/2012 at 20:49
No Pain -what does your typical weeks training look like at this time of year?
10/12/2012 at 07:18

Legs ok after yesterdays longish run. Short recovery run today!

10/12/2012 at 07:28
Morning DS2, sounds like you got a good run in yesterday.
Sorry to hear that you've never won in the final, that must be so frustrating for you, it starts making you think if your jinxed! My netball teams not doing very well this year but we didnt start playing together as a team until the start of season, I was starting to wonder if it was me, but we lost when I was at BC which is reassuring. We now don't have a match until jan so we've some time to practice together!

Busy one for me this week unfortunately! Hope you have a good day at work, don't work to hard!
10/12/2012 at 08:07

Morning SO4 - looks like being a busy week for me, as well!

Hopefully, you'll turn the netball season around. Sometimes those seasons are the most satisfying!

Now that I've chosen to concentrate on running now I won't be winning anything at hockey. My daughter thinks it's funny because she already has more winners medals than I

The last cup final I played in we lost on the last hit of the game and it went in off the underside of the crossbar and it was a National Final and we would have qualified for Europe had we won!!! That was disppointing!

Have a good one!

10/12/2012 at 09:26

Morning DS2, Tought I'd come on your thread and say that I totally agree with what you are saying on the other thread.

It is a competition and I feel it may have got away with me at the start. Even after the comp, there are still races to be run, training to get right and injuries to nurse.

Think you out it in perspective by copying Clive's words.

10/12/2012 at 10:53

Thanks for your words Reginald. I saw your comment a couple of days in when it was obvious you couldn't keep up with us regular posters. I felt it was unfair at that point and I'm sure the powers that be at RW towers understand that as well.

Don't give up whatever you do - you are in until the end!

You seem like a good team player, as well, so that has to be in your favour.

Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm running the Halstead marathon on 12 may 2013 with a target time of sub 3:15. I always was and expect to be there like I have the past two years.

10/12/2012 at 12:18

I was going to put in a short recovery run today but think I will go back to my original plan of resting on a Monday if I've run long on Sunday. I'm not sure the RR will acheive anything and am fearful that my current enthusiasm will lead me to overtrain. I am getting on a bit afterall

Anyone got any views on this?

10/12/2012 at 20:30

Only a day and a half left now. Be really glad when this phase is over!

2 sleeps til Santa!

10/12/2012 at 20:33

How exciting!!! I can't wait to find out... and I'm not even in it!! bounce....bounce.....bounce

10/12/2012 at 20:35
DS2 - you've got us all biting our nails!
10/12/2012 at 20:54

hey DS2, you have been alittle more quieter on here today so you must have been working hard.

I hope we do manage to turn the season around but at the moment im not to hopeful. No one turned up to practice today so it ended up getting cancelled at the last minute. We were hoping to use this time mid season to get our acts together but if were not practicing, were going to need miracles. I do like playing as a team, but its far easier to go out on a run on your own, when you want!

haha, congratulations to your daughter. I would be tourmenting you about it just the same

10/12/2012 at 21:01

Hi Sarah - yes I had to knuckle down and earn some money! Had appts at either end of the day but they both handed me cheques so that was good!

Practice makes perfect as they say. Actually, as I always say to the kids when coaching them it doesn't. Practise makes whatever you are practising. Only perfect practise makes perfect.

10/12/2012 at 21:19

thats a bit of a tongue twister!

10/12/2012 at 21:28

It is Sarah!

Minni - I have no nails left - which is a shame because I have just left a really catty post on the other thread (all tongue in cheek of course!)

10/12/2012 at 21:36

Well you're keeping me giggling DS2 so it's all good!

A little peeved to think you didn't vote for me though ...

10/12/2012 at 21:54

RRR - the funny thing is I nearly did. I forgot what I was doing and thought 'I liked her and she's got a good story....' then I remembered.

To quote sarah - I was haing a blonde moment!

10/12/2012 at 22:00

Hee hee! I was hoping desperately that I wasn't in a group with people I'd met and liked at bootcamp but makes it more interesting I guess! Knew I should have tripped you up during the track work

11/12/2012 at 00:00
DS2, I didn't even realise that you had blonde hair.....it's such a nuisance at times!
11/12/2012 at 09:36

RRR - I understand completely that situation but then almost everyone I met at bootcamp was very likeable!

Sarah - I die it brown/grey! Didn't you notice the blonde roots?

Just did 6 1/2 miles including 4 at inside 7:15 pace. Felt pretty good and can, at last, feel some benefit from the base building I've been doing.

It was bloody freezing first thing. I drove to teh local park and the temperature was -4. I ran and when I got back in the car to drive to work it was ............-4!

Have a good day everyone!

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 09:37
121 to 140 of 194 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.