Vote for DS2 - RW Asics 26.2

Turning back time - GFA category

141 to 160 of 194 messages
11/12/2012 at 11:06

Lots of reading back......This weeks training Started on Sunday it's just the way it is, so Sun 15 miles with 4 @ MP or lower, Mon Swim am 50 x 25 m front crawl, Mon PM 5 miles recovery, Tue 6 miles with 4@ tempo am, 6miles with 3 or 4@ tempo pm. Wednesday 12 easy, Thursday 6 miles with 4@ tempo am, 6miles with 3 or 4@ tempo pm, Friday 50 x 25m front crawl am, 5 miles recovery pm. Saturday Hill run steady pace 4 miles up 4 miles down.Total miles 68/69 miles.The only two runs that will now increase in length are Sunday to a max of 22 and Wednesday to a max of 15. The Tempo runs will see the LT coming down which means these will be run at 6:15 to 5:55 pace. I will do a fall back week every 4th week where the long run is reduced in miles and if I need a rest day it will be a Monday or Friday but I will keep in the swimming.DS2 are you on Fetch I save all my training there (Firesac) back to the hospital on Thursday hopefully i will get the plaster off my left arm, I have a distal radius fracture and it's still painfull after 6 weeks, there was talk during the first 3 weeks of an operation so not 100% sure what will happen.

11/12/2012 at 11:17

No Pain - thanks for the comprehensive training plan. That's where I see myself getting to. I'm handling 40 a week ok I think and staying injury free (no niggles). I don't do any swimming unfortunately!

How have you found running with your arm in plaster? When I came off my bike last year they put mine in for a couple of weeks suspecting I had broken the scaphoid. I found running impossible - but then discovered it was because I'd really knackered my hip and I felt like I was running like a crab!!! It put paid to any plans to run a decent marathon. The good thing is that I've got another year in my legs and I'm definitely in the best shape I've been in for many years. Ultimately I plan to emulate you and run a sub 3 at 50!

Excellent if you don't need an op! Good luck.

No, I'm not on Fetch. I think I will though in the next few days!

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 11:18
11/12/2012 at 11:24

Running has been ok it's the swimming which has been difficult as the latex bag has a lot of drag and the shoulder is getting a hard work out. Good luck today fingers crossed but dont let it stop you whatever the result.

11/12/2012 at 11:47

Of course - I hadn't thought of that! You'll be glad to be back to normal.

Thanks for the good wishes. It's given me a real boost whatever and I will carry on with the same enthuisiasm regardless!

11/12/2012 at 12:55

Is that what they were????

Glad you had a successful run....mine wasnt too bad this morning, although I think im better at running at more sociable hours!

11/12/2012 at 13:04

sarah - how was the weather up there? I was glad of my tights and two long sleeve tops!!!

I'm back to lunchtime running tomorrow. What did you do today? 20 miles at MP????

11/12/2012 at 16:32

Afternoon! if we are all on about what we are doing..... Circuits this morning.... totally brutal and brilliant, dog walk, new baby cuddle, Sold raffle tickets are school concert, feed the little ones then off to Running Club!! may even top the day off with a pint, but then again its cold maybe a cup of tea first???

11/12/2012 at 16:38
Any news from RW Towers on the result?
11/12/2012 at 18:34

Haha, I wish, just a 10k @ 7.5 min/mls. Was -3 for me.I dont like it when the lights on my dashbored are red....it makes me feel like I should still be under the warm duvet indoors!

11/12/2012 at 18:36

Tigger I fancy doing circuits...would you recommend them for marathon training or post marathon training?

11/12/2012 at 18:47

Sarah, I remember doing 20 miles when it was -18 here dont ever want to do that again.

11/12/2012 at 22:10

Sarah, I love them I enjoy high impact workouts,!! lets face it, it's got to be be good to work on your core strength.  The classes that I go to are brutal as I may have already mentioned! We do a fair amount of boxing, flipping tractor tyres, rowing machines and sit ups with medicine balls!  I suppose sometimes I can be a bit of a worry wart, I get to a certain point in marathon training and will not add anything that my risk an injury!

Grrrrr I am a Spartan you know!!

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 22:10
11/12/2012 at 23:33
You deserve a medal for running outdoors at that temperature .....I bet you lived up to you name....no pain...no gain! It must have been so dangerous with ice etc as well as freezing. I don't think I could have done it!

I went to the gym on my way home to work on some core tonight. I love the medicine ball, but I don't do any of the other things youve listed above. I tend to just use the weight machines and hand weights, but your workout sounds much more fun.
12/12/2012 at 07:42

Hi DS2 - well nearly there now great week keeping the Bootcamp party going, good luck and message soon

12/12/2012 at 09:00

Yes Tony! Good luck. Whever wins our category will do us proud! Speak tomorrow!

Went out this morning early - it was minus 6!!! It warmed up though - minus 5 at the finish!!!

5 1/2 miles at MP + 45sec per mile (8:10mm). It was glorious!!!

Anyway off out now to buy some flourescent pink ear muffs to match the socks RRR is sending me for Xmas!

12/12/2012 at 10:56

As noon approaches I just wanted to say good luck and many thanks for your advice and assistance over the past few weeks, it's been invaluable.

Also, congratulations on taking your thread above the 150 barrier - quite some feat!

See you on the 26.2 thread for the countdown

12/12/2012 at 11:01

Thanks malcs. It has been a lot of fun, and I hope it continues so. At least we know there will be some people well worth following getting through. Everyone has got a great story!

I hadn't realised about the 150!!!!

See you on the main one!

12/12/2012 at 11:13

All the very best DS2! I will come join you for training runs no matter what! You've been a great support to me and you've felt like a real friend xox CaroT

12/12/2012 at 11:26
Time is nearly up and just wanted to say thanks for your insight over the last week or so and good luck as we move into the final phase I look forward to talking more regardless of the outcome.
12/12/2012 at 11:27

Hi CaroT. Hopefully, at least one of the Kent trio (me, you & malcs) will get through. I will definitely get together with you for a run whatever the outcome. I feel like I've made friendships in this process that will last for a long time. I'm glad to have been of help. Thank you for your support, also.

Your clubmates said some lovely things about you and none of them came as a surprise even though we only met the once. That evening in Birmingham over coffee was a really nice group. I feel confident that a couple will get through out of our little group.

Good luck!

141 to 160 of 194 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.