Vote for DS2 - RW Asics 26.2

Turning back time - GFA category

161 to 180 of 194 messages
12/12/2012 at 11:30

Sills - absolutely! I have no idea of the outcome from our category. But I'm sure whoever wins will do us justice. If you get through I will definitely support you and follow your thread and training. Good luck in your quest for a Sub 3 - the day you achieve it will be one of the best experiences of your life!

12/12/2012 at 11:34
Morning DS2,

Just thought I'd nip on and wish you good luck and I look forward to chatting to you on the other side of the deadline! Enjoy your earmuffs!
12/12/2012 at 11:38

Thanks RRR. One of us has to win and if it's you I will be genuinely happy for you and promise to follow your thread (some might call it stalking!).

Thanks for the good humour. The banter has really made me smile a lot! If you win I may buy some pink compression socks in your honour!!!

12/12/2012 at 11:42

Good luck fella!

12/12/2012 at 11:44

Cheers Clive. And you mate!

12/12/2012 at 11:54
And if you win ... I'll post you some
12/12/2012 at 12:06

Ha Ha RRR!

12/12/2012 at 12:56

Good Luck DS2 ive really enjoyed reading your threads and your updates, yours aswell as a few others have made me smile and helped calm my nerves. As you've said above were all equally deserving to make the final 5 and whoever does get through are sure to do us justice. It will be nice to follow the threads of the people we have met and come to know over this last week whether we go through or not.

Im impressed that you went running in those freezing conditions this morning, I would be so worried about slipping on the ice. Im only going to be able to fit in a swim today but will be back running tomorrow. Good luck again, best wishes

12/12/2012 at 13:28

I've enjoyed your thread too. Good luck DS2

12/12/2012 at 14:20

sarah - I went to the park to run because the paths there are made of a loose material that doesn't freeze. Also, not as hard surface!! Good for my old joints!

I really do think anyone has got a chance but I intend to follow whoever gets through all the way to Paris.

Jenf - prepare to be stalked!

12/12/2012 at 14:26

thought id post on your thread instead 

good luck!! really looking forward to reading the journey if you get through

12/12/2012 at 15:24

Thanks Jason. Should know tomorrow sometime. Good luck with the run in the cold tonight!

12/12/2012 at 16:58
DS2 good luck mate
12/12/2012 at 18:17
DS2 wrote (see)

sarah - I went to the park to run because the paths there are made of a loose material that doesn't freeze.

Your not just a pretty face!

12/12/2012 at 20:16

Ha ha! I don't think I ever had a pretty face!!! Although I will probably look quite fetching in my pink earmuffs!!

12/12/2012 at 20:23

No Pain - thanks. Not long to go now. Up the oldies!

On the subject of oldies One gear  if you are out there I have read the article in RW january edition. Not sure what happened but I didn't get my issue as usual and when I lloked at my bank account the DD hadn't been collected in November so luckily I was in WH Smith earlier and read the said article. Assume that is you?

Must remember to get onto subscriptions tomorrow!

12/12/2012 at 20:30

Good luck DS2 - hope you get the phone call tomorrow!

12/12/2012 at 21:06

Thanks Knight rider - let's hope so. In your experience do they call everyone or just the successful ones?

After your amazing experience last year I really want it, but if it's not meant to be it has really spurred me on with my training and I'm sure I can achieve some big goals next year.

Getting back on the Sub 3:15 over the past couple of months has been a big help. There is so much knowledge on there. Thanks for the good wishes!

12/12/2012 at 22:35

DS2 -  hope it is good news tomorrow for you. On the subject of your question. To paraphrase a saying from an old political TV series "You might think so - I couldn't possibly comment!"

Having missed most of October's base training with a work related injury. Now trying to get back on track. 39 miles so far this week including a 20 on Sunday. Average pace a little down but I think that is because I am having to do a lot of my training in the nearest town at night. Club run tonight which seems to get faster every week. The last mile seems to turn into a bit of a blast with some younger runners. Last week I stole a march on them and they had to almost kill themselves to get back to me by the clubhouse. This time they were wise to it, but I still managed to keep some of them behind me. See, you can still be childish even at 57! 

13/12/2012 at 09:24

One Gear - always good to remain childish. In my book being as a fit as a 15 year old gives you license to act like one. Enjoyed the article. Very, very inspiring. Gives me real belief that I can get back there. Keep me posted on your recovery from the injury. Sounds like you are well on track again.

After yesterdays minus 6 it was positively tropical out there this morning - minus 3

Anyhow did 6.5 miles with 4 x mile reps at between 6:47 and 6:53. Was intending to run them all inside 7mm with nice control. Quite pleased with this on a difficult loose surface. Since I've been base building at mostly much slower paces it was nice to feel like I was running. Not sure if I should put this session in once a week or once every two weeks??? Any advice would be appreciated!

161 to 180 of 194 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.