Vote for not voting for people who have just joined!

If they aren't regular RW forum users then they are just users!

121 to 133 of 133 messages
05/12/2013 at 14:44

Agree totally!!!

05/12/2013 at 15:11
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
I think that 95% of the people on here are friendly. The more you contribute and join in with the banter the better it is.

What Millsy said - anyone who was already contributing to the forum before the competition will get a far better reception than some who's only here for a free place and coaching.

seren nos wrote (see)
Cheryl Chaney wrote (see)

I'm sure if it was the other way round, u would be asking for votes too. . takes 2 seconds to vote for who every u choose. you could be helping one of us 19 to be in for a chance for amazing opportunity, that some of us may not get get again. There are going to be 5 finalise 1 from each category. we all worked our butts off to get this far, showing our potential in running at boot camp 9-5 after some of us had drove along way to get there. please vote for some whether that be me or someone else, we all apphttp://www.runnersworld.co.uk/target262/sub-430-finalists.aspxreciate your votes. x

sirry had to lauigh

worked your butts off to get this far.

really wrote your piece and did one day training..........worked your butts off......sorry if thats your idea of working your butts off get into the real world.......

and no it doesn't just tale 3 secs to vote.it takes looking at all the posts to see if someone is genuine or totally up their own arse........so it takes a while to work out the people we would be interested in following for 4 months.......

which is why its much easier to see from someone who has been posting for a while to know if they are entertaining or just a dickhead

And what Seren said.

Ruffles wrote (see)

I'm getting my butt kicked too!  It might be for a comp as to who has the most FB friends. That said, the feedback from a lot of non RW friends regarding this has been really nice.

And most definitely what Ruffles said.  

The forum is really only incidental to this process.  The person with the most FB friends will win.

05/12/2013 at 15:19

Agreed - unless the organisers want to do the right thing and make the end process more successful. ie. pick the most entertaining people.

Over the past few years some of the people have been a delight to follow and the bar has been set really high with the level of detail and, also, humour displayed.

To be absolutely honest you could tell which ones that would be long before the voting finished - and, conversely, you could tell who would give little back and take lots only to disappear never to be heard of again!

05/12/2013 at 15:21
Funny thing is when I wanted to run a marathon I did a shit load of training, paid money and entered one.

When I wanted to do a hard to enter marathon I ran faster and bypassed any ballots.

I didn't need to canvas friends(Good job as I don't have any) or get a sponsor or need a great excuse for why it should be me with no experience who gets a free entry when somebody most likely far more deserving misses out.
seren nos    pirate
05/12/2013 at 15:30

and to those who say they thought the forums were friendly.the comments on here are friendly.......

This isn't fetch

some of the threads on RW are very encouraging and friendly and have supported groups for years.......others are much more heated and can be aggressive

you have to be able to train in a glassbowl for the next 4 months......some of the threads in the last few years of the asics 5/6 have got very heated indeed......usually more at the nature of the training and plans rather than as a personal thing.but you will have to be prepared that not everyone is going to be all friendly and gushy.

if you decide to take a long weekend with your family you might well get some abuse or probing questions.........if you are the type of person that can't handle criticism or like people asking personal questions or even questioning your motives then maybe entering a competition where you are open to all this pressure for 4 months might not be the wisest thing to do....

but you will also get some great support and hopefully forge some great lasting friendships

05/12/2013 at 15:41

That's a really good point Seren and I wonder whether that's pointed out to the candidates up front?

05/12/2013 at 15:42

Fair words of warning seren nos.  It might be better for the Judges to look at competitors threads as DS2 suggests, then they'll get a better idea of whether the project will work on a social media front!

Am not too worried about some backlash if I get through, I have a thick skin.  Criticism for missed training etc also might be great motivation for training!

05/12/2013 at 15:47
Seren - what are you implying about Fetch ?

I use both forum - wankers like me are on both :??0
05/12/2013 at 15:56
seren nos wrote (see)

you might well get some abuse or probing questions........

Haven't been abused or probed yet but there's still time. . .

seren nos    pirate
05/12/2013 at 15:58

Gobi.......you are running God .....not a wanker

05/12/2013 at 16:02
running god is that like wanker who knows a lot :??) ?
05/12/2013 at 16:09
seren nos wrote (see)

Gobi.......you are running God .....not a wanker

I agree, i've just looked up his stats on fetch 

Edited: 05/12/2013 at 16:10
05/12/2013 at 16:39
ex runner these days, occasional jogger and crazed bike racer :??)

Still coaching and giving advice whether people want it or not :??)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 133 of 133 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.