Vote for Tony's onthebeach - Asicis Target 26.2

Good for Age! it's all the running

41 to 60 of 65 messages
11/12/2012 at 15:25

Hi Tony, voted for you buddy, all the best as you always love your running and have so much enthusiasm for it - wish I had the willpower you do as i'd be out there. Good Luck

11/12/2012 at 21:26

Hi Sarah - sorry gig rowing or known Cornish Pilot Gig

Brief History The Cornish pilot gig is a six-oared rowing boat 

Really the first first shore-based lifeboats, but the original purpose of the Cornish pilot gig was as a general work boat, and took boat pilot out to incoming vessels off the Atlantic. The race would be the first gig to get their pilot on board a vessel (often those about to run aground on rocks) got the job, and hence the payment. the World championships are held on the Isles of Scilly in May

It is an amazing sport and can be very pressured as the other rowers canfeel how well or not so well you are doing, ever get the chance have a go!

11/12/2012 at 21:30

Hi Lesley

Thank you for the vote please copy this link into your explorer address bar or if hyperlink works double clink scroll down the page and click on the button next to Tony

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/competitions/target-262-2013-good-for-age/494.html

Thank you again

11/12/2012 at 21:35

Hi Wayne - Cheers for the support you never know - you changed your diet! remember as Scully says in Insights you just have to take that first step towards changing - pick a goal which is attainable but that will stretch you.  Mark did nail his Half Marathon at Windsor this year!!!

11/12/2012 at 23:12
Tony that sounds really hard core, but fascinating history. I've learnt much more than I expected on this site. I thought everything would be running, but it's much more than that, thank you.
12/12/2012 at 07:38

Sarah -  happy to be of service anytime, well just been out for a short and steady run cold snap coming to and end wind and rain due in Friday but 10 degrees

12/12/2012 at 07:54

Morning Tony! Ready for the long wait ... and the gnawing of fingernails?

12/12/2012 at 11:18

Tony, thanks for all your help and advice, you've been a star. Very best of luck to you.

12/12/2012 at 11:28
Good luck Tony, nearly there!
12/12/2012 at 15:49

Tony wishing you all the best - hope you are successful!!!!!

12/12/2012 at 19:23
Hi Justin thank you for the vote and remember we still have the marathon de sables! !!!
12/12/2012 at 19:26

good luck Tony with whatever your next challenge turns out to be!

12/12/2012 at 21:10

Thank you Jenf, you too and yes who knows if I don't get in it brings my Marathon a month earlier! on the 3rd March so time to waster did mile this morning and a further 5.5m, Kids Carol Service and got them to bed and just had tea so I think a rest day tomorrow apart from getting the kids to dancing!

What goals do you have apart from Paris?  

12/12/2012 at 21:16

I'd like to get my 5k time down, so may spend a bit of time building speed n power, I'd really really love to win my age category in the summer local 5k series! Then transfer that speed into my next marathon.

12/12/2012 at 22:26

That sounds like a really positive goal, interesting Steve Smythe said I needed to work on my speed, as I stepped off the track completing a 19:32 5K

The good thing about speed work it tends to be shorter and quicker although may hurt more at the time you potentially recover quicker.

I am currently doing a moring run of a mile with the dog which has a liitle incline but a nice gentle slop back.

We have 3 x 5 milers in the summer down here which are high octane runs which all the track runners come out for and the youngsters who are not allowed to distance and they are so fast.

I really enjoyed the 100m slow jog followed by the 400m at pace for the 5K, know there are lots of combinations it is getting a programme that will meet your needs

Of course improved speed over 5K will translate across all distances as you say through to marathon

Looking at races for me locally we have, now do not laugh the

1st Jan Brown Willy Run - good hang over cure running across the moor from Jamaica Inn

13 Jan Westward League Cross Country - very muddy

20 Jan Stormforce 10m - can be very windy and hail etc

Just as a few ideas but really need to get my speed back!

12/12/2012 at 23:11

Evening Tony! - Good news! We'd LOVE you to join our sub-20 thread and would you consider mentoring us? Bad news - we're making you carry Bacon Steve when you run 5k to slow you down and give the rest of us a chance to catch up!

12/12/2012 at 23:18

Just call me "the handicap"

12/12/2012 at 23:45
Cool did do an exercise at the Granite Coast Boot Camp here in St Agnes where we had to race point to point giving a piggy back to someone absolute scream

So first training session down here in Cornwall we have 2 tracks both 400 m long Par or Carn Brea both flat!
13/12/2012 at 00:00
Ok ... Just checking though. Who do I have to carry?
13/12/2012 at 07:50

Morning, well the choice is yours or we could do as they do in mountain climbing all linked together by a rope, I do know someone who does canicross being pulled along by his dog via a harness round his waste!

Not long now. . . . . .

41 to 60 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.