Vote Mel first timer

ASICS target 26.2

21 to 40 of 52 messages
10/12/2012 at 19:36
http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/700233/gallery/img_1652low.jpg?width=350

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 19:37
10/12/2012 at 19:38

It must be catching this running thing......my 14 year old daugther asked to go for her first fun after school....!!!!.....Tired and muddy and smiling....!!!

10/12/2012 at 19:57

Hi Melaniejayne - I don't think I met you at bootcamp but I read your piece and was really touched by it. I too have three teenage daughters (well almost, the twins are 13 in three weeks time).

Our household has been voting for you. You sound an amazing person and I wish you and your three girls the best of luck in everything you do!

Some familiar faces on here as well

11/12/2012 at 14:15

Hi David....I recognise your face.....twin girls..!!!....thats a totally different story!!!.... not suprised you run too!!!!!......At least I have a male dog, but I think hes feeling pretty out numbered now!!!...

Wouldnt it be fab if you got thorugh for your 50th...!!!...Roll on the end of this bit so that we just know one way or another.....

Good luck.......!!!

11/12/2012 at 16:29

Melanie, what can I say. I feel slightly in awe. To have gone through all that and come through with such positivity - amazing.

What's the name of the hospice you work at and where is it?

Also, what other marathons do you have planned - apart from Paris of course?

Respect for your comment about not turning to alcohol and cake but with all this running I think you can allow yourself the cake at least!

11/12/2012 at 17:45

malcs - I think we all have choices and we can either go one way or another when things are pants, I guess working in a children's hospice makes me realise how lucky I really am!!....Its Chestnut Tree House near Arundel, and of course I think its a fab place!!!....we have a great team and we have a huge empahasis on enjoying what time we have!!!...

Plans next year as far as marathons.....Stenying Stinger....( my first and apparently the worst... really hilly!!...aghhh) but I have been told if I can do that one I can do anything!!!.....Brighton marathon, lochness and new forrest......also Fany y Big and trail walker.....!!! Wahhhh.....Think i might need to either give up work or the children to fit in the training!!!!......probably the children.....!!

What plans do you have???.......once you have the bug its hard to let go....I used to be a skydiver so Im kind of filling that gap too. I gave it up 2 years ago but Martin kept me busy so didnt really notice how much I missed it......

So what was the tights outcome????......

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 18:03
11/12/2012 at 18:31

Wow that's quite a list - good on you! You've got a great attitude, I have no doubt you'll achieve your goals.

Hmm, my plans look a little lame in comparison. Last year I did a load of races but this year I wanted to focus purely on decimating my marathon time. So for me it'll be just one marathon in April either Paris or Llanelli (for most people Llanelli is the natural second choice to Paris)  

Re the tights issue - it was tights over shorts by an overwhelming majority! Very relieved as I had randomly chosen this option hoping it might be the right one. Just glad that it has now been proven by rock solid statistical analysis.

Best of luck for the competition and everything you are planning!

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 18:33
12/12/2012 at 11:33

Best of luck Mel, will be great following your progress if you get through - you have a truly inspiring story and you deserve it 

Let's hope they don't leave us waiting too long for the decision!!

12/12/2012 at 12:32

Echo Steve Mel, best of luck to you.

12/12/2012 at 13:17

echo that echo   xx

12/12/2012 at 13:41

Is there an echo in here? 

12/12/2012 at 19:48

oh you are all very busy on the forum today with your 'echos' while some of us have to work!!!!.........is it lame to echo you back!!!!

13/12/2012 at 13:29

Well done Mel, enjoy the experience.

seren nos    pirate
13/12/2012 at 13:51

Mel..well done..

.I hope that you have managed to sort out the work situation for the next 16 weeks so that it can take a back seat to the number 1 priority .

13/12/2012 at 14:55

Hi Mel

Congratulations on making the team - look forward to working with you. I will email you direct to have a chat about programme and goals etc. 

13/12/2012 at 15:12

Hi Mel,

Congratulations! sorry I didn't meet you at BC, but you have such an inspiring story, and are a worthy winner. All the best for the next 4 months!

13/12/2012 at 15:15
Mel - congrats on getting through to what will be a memorable experience. I made boot camp last year then followed the winners on their forums - a fantastic thing to be part of; the camaraderie on the threads was inspiring and the learnings that Sam and Ruth gave were great and I still refer back to them now. You will have a wonderful time if you put heart and soul into it. We have kept a family atmosphere going on our " old boys" thread which still goes from strength to strength.

I lost my wife of 33 years to cancer in June this year and the forum folk were very supportive and I found that putting my energies into my running and racing helped so much with the grief. I still feel pain every day but lots of things and people help to keep a smile on my face and my spirits high and help me to make the memories even warmer. I hope you too can benefit from this experience and help your progress. I wish you all the best.
13/12/2012 at 15:20

Hey Oscarr

Look forward to having you along on the journey again. Mel - Oscar is such a great contributor to the forums - insights, tips and lots of support to come from him!

13/12/2012 at 15:57

Hi Mel, many congratulations on getting through - so pleased you're through! Looking forward to getting started?

See you Sunday!

13/12/2012 at 16:37
Mel, well done. Couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy every moment after the time you have had. My three girls and my boy dog will be delighted for you.

I will follow you all the way. Good luck.
21 to 40 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.