Vote Mel first timer

ASICS target 26.2

41 to 52 of 52 messages
13/12/2012 at 16:48

Hi Mel!

I've spoken to you on everyone's else's threads but I don't think I've said "Hi!" on here yet! (slaps wrist!) Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!

13/12/2012 at 16:51

Hi Mel, I'm genuinely glad you made the final 5, your's is an inspiring story and I hope you have an amazing time over the next few months.

13/12/2012 at 18:58

I think Ive just walked round in circles today pinching myself.....!!...amazing support and kind words from you all....just pitted with sadness that Martin isnt here to share it, but I think he had a major part in the whole thing...!!....he was always a bit of a bugger for getting his own way!!!.......

Not convinced a run would be benificial tonight, I think I may just enjoy the wine while I can...... its all going to change on Monday!!!!!!

Oscarr- thank you for your extra kind words...l know they came from the heart and they mean a lot....I totally understand the need for the focus......choices...? running or cake and alcohol???....

Sam - thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.....I am so excited I just cant put it into words!!!!......Cant wait to get started!!.....

Seren nos - no worries on juggling the work commitments....couldn't have a better supportive team behind me!!!.....( and 'work' is situated in the heart of the south downs.... so ideal for running especially after a tough shift!!) 

Huge thank yous to everyone!!!.....I will  share my smiles and tears with you the whole way as I'm not naive enough to thinks its all going to be wonderful all the time!!!.....

A.W
13/12/2012 at 19:02
Hi Mel, congratulations! I'm sure your as happy and excited as me!
A.W
13/12/2012 at 19:11
Hey Sam - thanks. My next big adventure is to do the 69 mile Wall race in June with Sleepy Bear over 2 days. Some of us from last years boot camp are planning to meet at some races next year - quite a few doing a weekend trip to do the Coniston 14 in March. I plan to have another go at a sub 4 in Abingdon next year as well.
14/12/2012 at 05:29
Well done Mel, good luck with everything from here to Paris
14/12/2012 at 07:47

Hi Mel It was great to meet you at the Runners World Target 26.2

Congrats and good luck with the marathon training.

See you at the Races!

Marathon Mark

75 x marathon finisher

14/12/2012 at 09:09

Well done Mel. Very happy for you. I really look forward to training alongside you over the next 16 weeks. See you on Sunday 

16/12/2012 at 18:46
Pretty surreal day in London with the amazing runners word and Asics crew..... Thank you so much for making it as easy and as fun as it was!!!!!...... ( even the photos and videos)...!!!!.....
Now to try these new trainers out!!!!!...... Training tomorrow here we come!!!!!..... X
16/12/2012 at 18:58

Hey Mel - looks like you all had an amazing experience. Have fun in the new kit!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

17/12/2012 at 12:56
Hi mel, congratulations on getting through. I'm really looking forward to following your training in order to pick up some tips as we had the same target time. I'd also be interested to hear how you fit your training around being a mum and a full time job. Also, don't forget to include details of the fun and girly stuff, like what is your new kit like to run in and what kit you picked out at the weekend!!
18/12/2012 at 19:16

Good. That lets me out of contributing my hard earned wages to fund you swanning about in Paris. Good luck and very proud of you. Dad x

Edited: 18/12/2012 at 19:17

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.