Vote Sarah in GFA - previously lardy girl does good! ;)

Previous Salad Dodger, Addicted to Running, Needs Votes for a Boston Qualifier!

201 to 220 of 230 messages
13/12/2012 at 23:17

DS2 – Evening! Fab to hear from you!

Nope … not slacking off. Well maybe a little bit. Have been to an all-you can-eat Chinese restaurant. It felt rude to stay for less than 3 hours … Got to get my money’s worth!

(Feels sick)

Yep – if you feel I’m not pushing the training as hard as I can, please put your Drill Sergeant’s hat on! Yes Sir! DS2 Sir!

13/12/2012 at 23:51

RRR you are going to Runny Run Run so very, very well!! I'm so very chuffed for you! I'll be following you all the way you superstar! You CAN definitely do it and I'll try help with advice where I can xox Lots of love Caro

13/12/2012 at 23:55
Hi Caro!!

Lovely to hear from you!! Will definitely be messaging you for advice and Speedy Fairy Dust!! I promise to train hard and wear my pink socks at every opportunity!!

Xx
14/12/2012 at 09:11

RRR - Very well done. It's going to be an excellent 16 weeks together, and I think we should be able to learn an awful lot from each other considering we're going for a similar time. It will be excellent support indeed. See you on Sunday

14/12/2012 at 11:30
Morning Ady! It's going to be really, really interesting and a lot of fun!

I'm really looking forward to starting the training!!
14/12/2012 at 16:20

Afternoon!

I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am about getting through to the final 5! I am so, so excited to have this opportunity but I’m not quite sure what is going to be the toughest part yet...

Following a properly structured training plan? The pressure of making sure I work and train my very hardest so the other bootcampers don't come and kick my arse? (And I KNOW you guys will if I start slacking!) I know that after all of the hard work the Paris marathon will be my treat at the end.

I'm not nervous about the training. I'm excited. I'm looking forward to having a training plan especially for me! And coaches! And the kind of support that we as runners dream about.

I’m at the start of a journey ... It's going to be an intense 4 months ... But I’m going to make sure I make the very most of it so I can put some good habits in place for the rest of my running life!!

14/12/2012 at 16:31

You'll do everyone proud Sarah, don't worry about that so there will be no need for any arse kicking. 

It's very good that you and Ady have the same target. I agree that's going to help you alot. It's also good for me too as I get double the tips

Will you be continuing these threads or starting new ones? I expect probably the latter. Either way I will seek you both out.

Have a great weekend and be sure to come and tell us all about Sunday. I want to know if Reg makes an appearand

14/12/2012 at 17:15

Thanks Malcs!

Yes - it'll be really good to have someone training in parallel, will be able to compare how we're progressing and how we're coping with a proper training plan!

Not sure about the threads yet ...

I'll give you a full update on Sunday ... wonder if Reg will appear and press his nose against the glass ...? I'll be sure to wave and raise a glass of champagne to him (Hee hee I wish!!)

14/12/2012 at 17:49

me three Malcs

14/12/2012 at 17:50

I didnt realise that you and Shady were going for a similar time.....thats why I couldnt make it

Only kidding. Will be good to follow your progress....please keep lots of tips coming

14/12/2012 at 18:01

Evening Sarah!

Fab to hear from you!!

I didn't realise either! Must be a popular time!

Now how ethical am I? Do I publish my schedule to you ....? Knowing full well that if we meet in a race there will be not much in it and you may well kick my arse if you follow it .... hmmmmm...

So ... you still up for next year's obstacle race then?

14/12/2012 at 21:24
RRR - you'll be brilliant. I will definitely wear the socks when you beat your target.
14/12/2012 at 21:45

Yay Sarah! SO glad you got the place!! Really disapointed for the others though, everyone seemed really deserving of it and totally motivated and enthusiastic - hopefully they'll get a go next year  

Now no breaking any limbs before the maathon!! Infact, dont leave the house until then.... just in case...!! x

14/12/2012 at 22:20

DS2 - Careful ... I WILL hold you to that! AND will expect pics as proof!!

Meant to ask ask you ... what do you reckon is the best way to up 5k speed? There's a bit of a challenge going on between Bacon Steve, Sarah and myself ... I've never really done targeted speedwork before.

14/12/2012 at 22:23

Evening Julie!

Great to hear from you! Yes, definitely wish everyone could have come through. We had such a nice group at bootcamp and everyone got on really well. I'm hoping everyone sticks around and keeps in touch!! A few of us (open invitation!! are hoping to catch up at Thunder Run 24 in 2013 ... it's going to be a BLAST! Camping, running and a cracking reunion!! Can't wait!

15/12/2012 at 00:09

Good news! The hotel have re-opened their gym so I didn't have to get my run in by doing laps of the hotel room!

15/12/2012 at 18:12
Hmmm....I reckon you should publish it, or at least email it me.....it will make our next race even more exciting!

Im still up for TR24 and an obstacle race.....will give me more things to look forward to next year!x
15/12/2012 at 19:54

Hi Sarah,

I agree! I think publishing it would be a good option. Especially as people will be following the journey and aiming for the same times and targets! Will get as much info onto this thread as possible so you can follow the schedule.

TR24 sounds awesome and an obstacle race would be fantastic!! WIll get those booked in asap!  

15/12/2012 at 20:59

Ooh!! I'm so excited about tomorrow! Maybe it'll finally start feeling a bit more real then!

I'm getting into Euston at about 9.15 tomorrow morning ... on the train - eek! Hate trains - much prefer driving as I always seem to attract mad people on trains. Always look over at the wrong moment and make eye contact by mistake and then they spend the next 2 hours talking about their obscure medical problems or their 18 cats ...

Hoping to grab a quick coffee before stepping into the Asics store and into the future of my marathon running ...!

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow and I'll take some pics and post them up!

15/12/2012 at 22:00

I've got 18 cats... I'll meet you on the train...

201 to 220 of 230 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.