VOTE SO4, Sub 3:30 ASICS TARGET 26.2

SUB 3:30 in Busy Lifestyle category

21 to 40 of 194 messages
06/12/2012 at 16:04

hahaha, thankyou, I like your way of thinking!

We could even run round the whole marathon together really!

Even though we both have a similar time target we would both have a different training plan due to our commitments and time available to run, so I still think we both stand a chance of getting through, all being well

06/12/2012 at 16:10

Hope so! That would be AMAZING! It would definitely keep everyone interested ... maybe we could start a little on-the-side betting! Keep us in trainer-money!

06/12/2012 at 16:21

With your times you'll easily be under 3:30, especially a with a half time of 1:35! (mine is only 30s quicker)

I Think you will be off to London next weekend... got my support if you do

06/12/2012 at 16:27

Are you guys both in the same category?

06/12/2012 at 16:39

RRR- Unfortunately! I want to see everyone do well, but still get through myself... Think Sarah is a strong contender though

06/12/2012 at 16:58

We could do the on-the-side betting for charity, make it alittle more entertaining! Which charity would you choose?

Hi Clive, thankyou for your encouragement. I do hope that I will get under 3:30 (would be nice to get under 3:28 to beat my mums time aswell but thats me just being competitive. I would love to beat my dads time aswell, but at the moment I think its out of my range!) You would get my encouragement as well if you make it through, especially with living in sheffield! Hows your campaigne going?

We are Sarah/RRR. Its not nice being up against people you like, but on a plus, least if you dont get through, you can be happy for the person who does and support them along the way.

06/12/2012 at 19:39

Sarah - I ran 3:28 off a 1:36 HM. 

06/12/2012 at 19:40

What's your dad's pb?

06/12/2012 at 19:55
I think you are Clive are great contenders, well worthy winners just unlucky for me I'm in the same catagory
06/12/2012 at 21:29
Minni, you've got me all excited now....that would be my mums PB sorted, one down, one to go! Although my mums half and 10k PBs are going to be more difficult to get. She didn't really like marathons so didn't do that many. Her 10k time was 39 mins and I think her half was 1hr 22!

My dads marathon PB was 3:14 so I've got some work to do over the next few years! My dads half and 10k PBs are the same as my mums.

Paul, your just as good a contender as us all, anyone of us could get through, im sure it's going to be a close race to the finish. I bet you haven't bored everyone whose read your thread with a massive essay on your life like I probably have!

Did my first track session with knavesmires today....it wasnt the best conditions, we ended up having to run on the grass at the side of the track as the track was too iced over. Made it a little more tough so hopefully I will have gotten more benefit from it. Just trying to decide on whether to do my long run still tomorrow now, before I visit the inlaws in Newcastle!
06/12/2012 at 21:40
Don't worry about your mum's 10k and HM times - we all know its only the marathon that matters!

I'm going for sub 3:15 in April....
06/12/2012 at 22:39
I've just been reading other people's threads and spotted your aim of a sub 3:15, I really hope you achieve it, you really know your stuff, sound like you train hard and deserve it.
06/12/2012 at 23:19

Sarah and Clive I'm so glad I was in your group at BC. I think your group and the "Good 4 Age" group are tough deciders!!Sarah your 5km PB on the track at BC was very impressive, you will EASILY go sub 3:30, no doubts there from me either! All the very best, I'm loving reading all your daily goings on... what a character you are!

06/12/2012 at 23:43
Aw, thank you caroline, that's a lovely thing to say. You was certainly hot on my heels! I think we had a good group at boot camp. Good luck to you too, i will be following you closely
Edited: 06/12/2012 at 23:43
07/12/2012 at 06:42

Sarah - believe me if I can do it anyone can (although I haven't done it yet!) .  I'm sure this time next year it'll be your dad's pb you'll be looking to beat.

07/12/2012 at 07:56
Minni you sound so dedicated so you def deserve it. I will be supporting you all the way.....I had better get my dad warned. He is such a tease, so it would be nice to put him in his place, although I'm sure he is only doing it to help push me further!
07/12/2012 at 08:38

Morning Sarah - just posted this on my site when I meant to put it on yours although it was a response to something you posted last night on mine:

Yes - I agree about the distorted view portrayed by the media! The lovely thing about the Olympics in the end was that the world felt a nicer place to be around. That feelgood factor is so important.

There are so many nice people out there - in all walks of life. Luckily, I'm public facing as well and my clients are lovely. We rarely come across anyone that isn't and when we do we choose not to deal with them. I guess you don't have that privilege?

I imagine General practice is very hard work but incredibly rewarding? And I guess bloody hard work getting there in the first place?

We have no snow down here now but the lanes around my house were full of black ice. The car was sliding all over the place this morning. Have a great day! I think you are getting a lot of votes - I know you are in tough competition but I have a good feeling that you'll be trying on new kit next Sunday. And if you are and RRR is there don't let her talk you inot those socks!

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 08:47

So sarah

what do you think you can gain from the forums and what do you think you can give to the forums

07/12/2012 at 15:21

Hi DS2, the olympics were great, such a good atmosphere where ever you went because of it. It was so nice as everyone in the country shared the same hopes and dreams. I didnt get to follow as much of it as I wanted to which was a shame, but I managed to watch that fabulous saturday with Ennis, Mo and Rutherford. It felt to surreal watching it.

The majority of people I meet at work are lovely just like your customers, you occasionally get the one or two that arent but they usually have a good reason for it, such as it is their way of coping with something thats happening in their life at that time. I do work in a very friendly area so im very lucky.

Being a GP can be difficult at times, and sometimes quite stressfull (like alot of jobs) but running helps me to unwind, sometimes I think I would go mad without it! Its taken me 12 years to become a GP from when I left school. Ive got to admit it wasnt an easy career choice especially as I worked throughout all of college and university (at the weekends and in my holidays), but I wouldnt change my job for anything (well maybe winning the lottery or becoming a world famous athlete but thats it). How about you?

I hope you had a safe journey into work and all that ice has melted. Thankyou for your positive words, I really do hope I make it, but like you said everyone in this competition deserve it just as much, so only time will tell. If i do make it through I promise, no pink socks.....I prefer illuminous yellow!

07/12/2012 at 15:30

hey seren nos;

I would like to give the forum and the people in the forum as much as I can. I guess firstly by answering any of their questions. I would like to pass things on that I learn from the Ascics team. I will update people at least daily with the highs and lows of training and will be honest about it. I will try and encourage others to go out there and get pounding the streets.

I would hope to bring some new people to the forums to enable more people to learn and gain advice from each other.

I aim to learn as much as I can from the forum members, Ive already had encouragement  and advice which Ive taken on bored. Marathon training can be tough, it will have its ups and down, it will be nice to share these with each other and encourage each other. I hope to make new friends who hopefully I can bump into at races.

21 to 40 of 194 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.