VOTE SO4, Sub 3:30 ASICS TARGET 26.2

SUB 3:30 in Busy Lifestyle category

161 to 180 of 194 messages
13/12/2012 at 12:53

forgot to say, thankyou to everyone who has voted for me and supported me over this last week, im really grateful ....really must go!

13/12/2012 at 20:50

sarah -  sorry you didn't make it. I couldn't believe that neither you or Clive got there. I think it's really bad to move the goalposts at the last minute like that. Don't disappear!

13/12/2012 at 20:57
Thank you DS2, I know what you mean. I'm not too disappointed that I didn't get through as everyone was equally deserving, it's the fact that I feel cheated with them moving the goal posts and them even trying to cover it up by putting mel under busy life style. I think everyone who got through have done really well and I will support them all the way but I'm disappointed in RW.

On a plus side I can get my life back on track now, I've really spent every spare minute on here and neglected other areas (meaning I had to stay pretty late at work to catch up on reports etc). What marathon do you have planned again? I will def be staying around, I've met far too many nice people to disappear just because of one magazine!
13/12/2012 at 21:01

I'm doing Halstead in May. Lovely course in the Essex/Suffolk borders. Undulating but really nice. Brilliantly organised. Only 600 runners and you can even take your own drinks and they hand them to you when you ask.

Just been saying to Malcs that you should join me, Clive and Malcs on the Sub 3:15 thread. There are a load of quality lady runners on there and they'll really spur you on. Take a look.

Set your forum up for Personal messages!

13/12/2012 at 21:14

DS2- don't you dare poach Sarah from the 3.30 thread!

Good luck to both of you, I will be following your progress with interest!

13/12/2012 at 21:32
I remember that race now, you was telling us about it at boot camp. It does sound like a very special race.

How do I set it up for personal messages?

Haha, thanks Brolish.....least some people want me! I feel a bit like our group....the busy life style was that bad they couldnt use any of us, lol!
13/12/2012 at 22:02
Er yes I agree - we want Sarah on the 3:30 thread!
13/12/2012 at 22:42

Minni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13/12/2012 at 22:42
Haha, thanks,x
13/12/2012 at 22:43

sarah - when they put your group together I did think who on earth are they going to put through from that group of untalented individuals. I couldn't see that anyone had anything to offer. Seems I was right!!

13/12/2012 at 23:13
Hahaha, still making me laugh...................you are joking right?
14/12/2012 at 11:45
Morning Sarah, hope you're having a good day. Really sorry you didn't get through as I really thought you would, and equally disappointed that RW changed the goalposts. I feel a bit cheated that we all engaged in the forum and asked friends/family to vote, and it seems that they didn't count for anything... I might come over on Sunday- I think I told you my parents are coming down, so might have to see if I can get a pass!! What distance is it?

14/12/2012 at 11:46
DS2 wrote (see)

sarah - when they put your group together I did think who on earth are they going to put through from that group of untalented individuals. I couldn't see that anyone had anything to offer. Seems I was right!!

Couldn't have put it better myself!!!

14/12/2012 at 11:51

sarah - who's joking???

Clive - I think a few of us feel that way for you. I can see where they are coming from but I'm to 'square-brained' to be able to cope with a change of selection criteria at the last minute!! I, also, think it's a crying shame that no-one will be going for a Sub 3:15 other than Alex who, hopefully, will be sub 3!!! Won't you Alex?

I think 3:15 has always been a key number in club marathoning so it's a shame that we won't have someone to follow. Alex is a bridge too far for me to follow!

14/12/2012 at 11:52
sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)
Hahaha, still making me laugh...................you are joking right?

Of course I'm joking!

14/12/2012 at 11:55

Due out for a 4 mile recovery run now but it is throwing it down. Might have to defer!

14/12/2012 at 17:58

i did a lovely 13 miles, enjoyed every minute of it and feel so much more better now

I cheated and went to the gym to do it though, escaped the rain, hail and strong winds

14/12/2012 at 18:07

hmmmm sub 3:15, I may have been able to try

I know what you mean clive, I feel as though it was a bit of a joke and all those people who have joined RW and supported me all this last week did it for nothing. Like DS2 says, I know why they did it but they could have gone about it in a better way

Note to RW categories based on times next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I think about it the more im relieved. It might be a blessing in disguise! There was so much work involved with the forums, going down to London and Birmingham etc it would have been exhausting with everything else. I would have commited to it all and given a 110% but I do feel like it might not have been the enjoyable experience I initially expected if that makes sense.

Had a lovely run today, the best all week, think its because the weight of this competition is no longer upon me

Clive the race starts at 11 on Sunday. Its 6 miles (2 laps) trail race

14/12/2012 at 18:33

Sarah - that's exactly how I felt last year - they really make you earn your free kit!! And don't give you all that much really. 4 months of every spare hour training, blogging... If you work out the hourly rate for the time you put in - you could probably do it much cheaper by yourself!

Shame you missed out on the coaching though - that to me is the really prize!  Their loss chick!!

Please do stick around though - we still have to convert you to pudding-love

14/12/2012 at 20:37

Sarah - still can't believe you never got through. I would have put my house on it!!!!!!!!!!

161 to 180 of 194 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.