Vote Steve in First TImer

I'll give up bacon if you vote for me...

181 to 190 of 190 messages
15/12/2012 at 21:38

Chilli and cheese... nice choice! Love a bit of heat in my food

Love the three-part party!

Plan tomorrow is to meet up at the store at half ten and... see what they have in store for us! They haven't gone into crazy detail yet... They did say they expect it to go on to around 2.30-3.00 and that they'd be taking a LOT of photos!

Today I did the 5k time trial they showed us bootcamp - went down to my local track. Went alright - did it 39 seconds faster than I did it last time so well pleased

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-L8yfcCAAAT7jX.jpg:large

Wet track!

15/12/2012 at 22:13

39 seconds? That's pretty impressive! Well done!

See you tomorrow!!! Eeek!

15/12/2012 at 22:27

Thanks, was pretty chuffed

Looking forward to it!

16/12/2012 at 17:29
How was today? Did your face ache after smiling so much for the camera? I know mine did on my wedding day! What did you manage to get kit wise and what's your training programme like?

What was your time for your 5k? Will you be the first to get under 19 mins?

I quite like tuna on my jacket, but without Mayo......tommy k instead (I have very odd eating habits)!
16/12/2012 at 20:28

Hi Sarah,

God, they must have taken about a million photos of us today  Definitely got aching cheeks!!

It was such a fun day and so much to talk about - we are all starting new threads tomorrow to document the whole experience so I'll save the detail for then...

As for the training run, I did it in 23:07 so I've still got a fair way to go to dip under sub 20! But I'm nothing if not determined

Tuna and ketchup... you sound like a student!

17/12/2012 at 21:36

hahaha, picked up some bad habits being at uni for 5 years

Looking forward to reading your new thread

17/12/2012 at 22:52

Many is the time I sat there with a can of beans and a fork... 

Thanks, finally got it live! Been a bit of a hectic day

19/12/2012 at 13:07

Hello Steve 

I have signed up for brighton 2013 marathon, and I am determined to get the sub 4 timing. So Hoping to follow your progress and pick up all the tips along the way Haven't started training properly as of yet. How many miles are you doing a week? and congratulations on getting the place. 

20/12/2012 at 23:21
Hi Steve

Like cfclama I also am doing Brighton and am a first timer on the marathon front so will definitely be following your thread with interest. I did vote for you so was glad you got the opportunity to get the Asics training...though must admit to being a tad jealous! Good luck with it all
21/12/2012 at 07:53

Hi cfclama and PAUL FORDE,

Thanks guys, halfway through the first week of training and it is just about starting to sink in!

Good luck both at Brighton - do you know what the course is like? Hopefully fairly flat as it is on the coast...

Here is the link to my Training thread - I'll be updating it most days and Sam has already posted the first four weeks of my training plan on there so well worth checking out.

Keep me up to date with how training is going...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 190 of 190 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.